Spouse supposed to be going into surgery...Qualify for "on vacation" mode?

gwenhwyfar37

I think many could speak for this one as a stressful situation…My husband is supposed to be having surgery this evening (just found this out today) I kind of think I should put myself in vacation mode. I understand that when a family related crisis or situation like that comes up we cannot maintain the right degree of professionalism when our minds are on so many different things related to the situation. Maybe about 2 days. He was admitted yesterday; I was present and accounted for but I probably need to leave soon (it is my duty, after all, you would want that too if you were going into surgery!) If anyone has some words of encouragement or well wishes, I would welcome them warmly.

Thank you 🙂 Must take some action now…

Hi gwen, I know how hard things must be for you at this time, the uncertainty of having your spouse going into surgery. My thoughts are with you and your family and I do think you need to put your gigs into vacation mode so you can cope with the things going on in your life right now. I hope all goes well for your husband. Your fiverr gigs will be waiting for you when you can come back to work.

Oh, you guys are so nice 🙂 Yep, it was kind of short notice, the procedure and all; that very day. I am happy to report that things are looking up and he is re-cup’ing fine (sorry I know that’s not a real word; just my way of putting it.) Thanks for your support all!

I’m happy to hear that your husband is doing well. As for vacation, this is the perfect time to take it! Any good buyer will also care about your situation and wait until you’re in a better place to take their orders and deliver great work. If they aren’t, it’s time to click the mutual cancellation button–life’s too short for those people.

Archived