Recommending other sellers?

kasijus

Are sellers allowed to advertise, recommend other sellers to their buyers here on Fiverr? For example, a buyer orders a gig from me, we complete it, and in the final message I add something like “If you need service X, you can check out this seller”, and put the link to the gig page.

I mean, I don’t see how it could damage Fiverr in any way, but a lot of things here doesn’t make sense, so I don’t want to take any risks.

I can’t say whether or not it’s against ToS (although I’m pretty sure it’s not) but I’ve had other sellers refer customers to me if I have a service that they don’t offer. I don’t see how it would be any different than a buyer who’s impressed with your work referring others to you. But I think that’s one of the positives of the Fiverr community, that, if you know someone delivers great work, you would want to send people to them!

Reply to @babybear613: Of course, Fiverr could just benefit from it. I was thinking more like supporting new sellers, so I was wondering if Fiverr would see it as some kind of cheating. But, it’s just a recommendation, it’s all up to buyer at the end of the day, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

I would be careful, at that point I would think it was spam. If it was related to the gig you gave me in some ways, then it might be ok. But if you are just posting in links to random new sellers in your final messages that weren’t your own gigs, I would find it odd.

Plus while it’s nice to want to help other people, why not promote your own gigs in that space? If a buyer liked what you did for them, maybe they want to buy more.

I would also wonder if something was up, like if you were running some kind of scam or something. There are a lot of people that try to have two accounts which is against the TOS so, it could just bring up questions. Up to you whether you want to take that risk. Also, if you are posting new sellers how do you even know if they are legit, what if they are the few that are spammers or who really don’t do great work? Then that reflects on you as well.

Reply to @sincere18: Though I was speaking in general (since anything specific is irrelevant), I thought it was obvious I was not going to just promote some random sellers. Of course it would be someone I know, someone I can guarantee for, and who I really want to help, for example, my girlfriend, or a friend, or a relative…

But, you made some good points, and that was exactly what I was asking about. I agree that it could be regarded as spam.

Reply to @kasijus: yes, but even your GF or a relative or a friend, they may or may not be great on Fiverr and the way they do business. Sure you obvsiously you can vouch for them, but until you know how the work on Fiverr, if it’s a new seller, then it’s a new seller with not many ratings and reviews. Remember to the buyers we have no idea or way of knowing who it really is since everyone is anonymous. We have no idea who you are either. So in that way it’s all kind of relative.

I agree, but that said, why buy on Fiverr at all? ‘May or may not be’ is valid for everything in this world, but it’s certainly not stopping us from doing a lot of things…

Yes, it’s still a new seller, and that’s exactly why I’m thinking of doing this. Otherwise, they wouldn’t need any help.

The point is, it’s just a recommendation, as every other recommendation you get from someone you can trust. Why would it be different from ‘real’ world equivalents?

Archived