I'am in need of advice from experienced members

mrtrevor

hi there, i just recently posted up a few design gigs. I have tried my best to follow general guidelines and tips provided throughout fiverr on the dos and don’ts of implementing a gig. I would very much appreciate some feedback on the validity of my gigs, and apart from promoting on social media, what else i good do to improve.

To my understanding fiverr advises sellers to post a video to boost ratings, however when I browse through other popular graphic design gigs, most do not seem to have promotional videos. So the question, is it necessary for design gigs to include a video?

Looking forward any feedback given,

thanks

Sheriff’s Note: Moved to Fiverr FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions.)

I don’t have any videos and I do just fine. Might make a video trailer of majestic white mountains with buzzwords flying through with a murmured subliminal “I am awesome, give me multiples of $5 now” video soon though. I know for a fact that me on camera scares buyers away so not going to do that!

I think he meant to write, “BOOST” not “BOAST”. LOL Not to boast about their ratings, but to BOOST them IN the ratings. At least that is how my mind interpreted it.

I have a video on only one Gig (because I just never got around to doing any others) and that Gig is my #1 Gig seller. But, the type of Gig I offer, I would imagine people like seeing a “real” person rather than a graphic of some stock image of a reader staring at a crystal ball… they know it is me they are going to be dealing with.

GG

Well, I think on your first two gigs, you may want to try and switch your photos. Instead of the one with the head coverings first, put another one as the front picture or show more of a range of many different people men, women and nationalities.

Also, you say that you will draw a full body vector art, but you do not have any samples of that.

For your other character sketch one, that you turn a sketch into vector art, use the second photo as the first one…that is really good and immeadiately shows people what it is, the other with the round globe thing where you are just removing a background isn’t as strong.

Also the whole “commercial use” fee may be a turn off to many buyers. They can’t buy a gig for $5 andymore, now it’s $15. If you are new and just starting you may want to get rid of that and turn off that feature for now (remove it from your gig descriptoin), and then know that the first few gigs you do you are basically giving away the commercial licensing rights for free. Then once you have some orders and ratings, along with many more samples, you can consider adding that back in.

Archived