Gigs more than $5 suggstion - a truely PRO experience

talethia

First off, I just want to say I love that Fiverr is doing this. There are tons of buyers out there willing to pay more for truely professional work, so why not give it to them?

I am thinking there should be an entirely different section for the “Gigs more than $5”. A place where a buyer instantly knows what to expect and is made to feel that these people are worth the extra moolah.

In this line of thought, I would suggest Fiverr make this option exclusive to only those who can prove they are truely professional. They should invite the Top rated sellers for sure, but maybe there’s a way you can apply for a spot as well?

Maybe there can be some sort of application where you show off your already polished up portfolio, show a list of clients, and mention your training.

For a pro like myself who is used to charging $400/hr for voice work, it seems incredibly silly to start off with $5. Fiverr DOES give you foot traffic, that’s for sure, and that’s why I use it. However, if I can have the ability to prove my worth and charge more for my services, I will be way happier with using the site. Not to mention I feel it would help weed out the buyers who are always trying to scam you and generally a pain to work with. Buyers willing to spend more, VALUE you more, and are more likely to be wonderful to work with.

I like the general idea but instead of TRS overall, how about gigs that actually warrant a higher than 5USD price tag? Like the programming, coding, VO, video/photo editing, full fledged visual design, writing tasks that go over 150 words and quite possibly gigs that require physical construction.

Possibly a bad idea but they could start everyone off with a single higher than 5USD gig that have been around the site longer than 6 months. After certain milestones are met they could be granted additional higher than 5 gig slots.

Anyway, it sounds like an interesting addition to the site.

Reply to @topaz_muse: You’re right about the gigs that warrent a higher price. I believe they are starting it with the singing and VO people? And that indeed makes a lot of sense, because not only are you performing, you are also being their sound engineer, which techinically is a whole other job.

Archived