An age old problem

johnvarker

As a voice over, I’m often asked to sync my voice with a video.

Now thats all well and good, but the problem I have found is that the video maker with often not give enough time in the video for what needs to be said.

I have always said that the voice over needs to come first, but the video makers will say that the video needs to be made first as often the video can only be so long.

So i guess I’m asking, what do you think is the way to go with this one?

It depends, say for example you are doing a video guiding someone how to do something, you are probably going to want the video there first.

If it’s doing something like explaining a holiday, then you may want to make the script first and then build the video around it.

With both though you will get a more professional quality video if you do the voiceover during the video creation.

Hi!
We are made for each other (Just kidding, I’m straight)
Many of my clients have similar problems too.
They say that they will get the voice over done after I’m done with the video but I prefer to have the voice over with me when I’m creating the video.

As a video-maker, I prefer to have the voice over with me when I’m making trailers.
It simply makes the job easy. I know where to put which word, when to put an image etc.

I can sync the audio accordingly.

I agree with you, voice over needs to come first. 🙂

Try this one, I have a gig going on now thats 235 words, the video is already made and is 60 seconds long…The two WILL NOT FIT, best I can get the audio down to is 1.30.

I really wish I could make videos, offering the FULL service so to speak.

Archived