I need a clarification about amount of work

tsgiannis

Hello

I need a bit of clarification about the amount of job i should take for $5…i have tried to find a definite answer but …

For example i am desktop application developer so lets assume someone buys my gig … what amount of work i should do for $5…

For example designing a logo is a one time job, an application can extend to any number of forms/tables/reports/queries so what i should expect and what should accept…

There is no definite answer but a reasonable calculation when the goal is to make a profit is to take your normal hourly rate and divide by 4 (4usd is what you get after fiverrs commission). Now divide 60 (60 minutes) with the result.
The result you get is the amount of minutes you should spend on the gig minus any expenses you might have.
So think of specific tasks you can do in this amount of time and make your gigs.

If you’re a hobbyist you would begin with your break even point per hour instead of normal hourly rate.

No one can really answer this for you but I’ll give you some advice. You are brand new, have no reviews or sales and you need 10 solid sales to get level 1 and another 40 solid sales to get level 2. I would do as much work as you can manage in those first 50 jobs to ensure that you achieve the first 2 levels with great ratings. For me that meant hours of work on the first few sales and at least an hour of work per sale for quite a few after that.

Once you are established then the answer shifts. Most people cannot afford to indefinitely to unlimited amounts of work for $4 per job. You start to shift your prices slowly when you are ready. You will probably always have to move your price points around depending on how busy or not busy you are. When you are too busy, you can charge more for less work to slow things down. When you get too slow, you do more work and charge less.

I’ve seen it recommended on the Fiverr blog to get it down to about 15 minutes of work for $4 on average. When you are new, though, you aren’t likely to be able to do that unless you have something really unique to offer.

I don’t mind doing 1-2 hours of work for $4 in order to get to a greater level but what if someone asks for a full blown project…what i should do in this case?
Is there anything that will stop a buyer from asking for a project for $5…

Reply to @tsgiannis:
Totally up to you. You either do the job or explain that you cant and offer a mutual cancellation. Personally in the beginning i did several jobs here where i ended up taking a loss as i didn’t take all my expenses in to account.

I will say this, if i was to start over on fiverr i would be a bit more careful in the beginning. If you give to much it’s tough raising your prices later, if you give to little then you might not get any work.

Guest iamjunaid

First you need to establish yourself and during that period you need to do as much as you can just for $5
Once you have Level 2 and you have plenty of extra options available, then you can easily charge what you like.

Reply to @daemuse: There are now some deliberate measures in place to prevent the mass spammers and it may take some time to iron out. The link is below.

Link: http://blog.fiverr.com/4-things-create-gig/?utm_source=bl_ct&utm_term=n770

http://blog.fiverr.com/wp-content/themes/extranews/images/icons/social/e_light.png

Home - Official Fiverr Blog

http://blog.fiverr.com

Archived