Vacation mode or just extend deadlines?

lunabea

I might be answering my own question here - I’m due to be away next week and the last time I put my gigs on vacation it took me a while to get orders back up (might not be that bad this time as it’ll be for 4 days, not 14, and I’m getting more orders in general).

Based on your experience, is it better for me to set my gigs to vacation while I’m away, or just extend my delivery times with a note saying that extra fast order is disabled temporarily?

Only thing is I don’t want to come back to a backlog of orders, so I reckon I’d have to extend the delivery times to 3-4 days after I get back from vacation.

Thanks for your comments in advance!

Hi! Hope you have a relaxing break.
I just came back from a vacation too. I was gone for 10 days and I had a similar dilemma,
I extended my deadlines instead of going on vacation mode.
My gig is on a the top of search results in my niche and I couldn’t risk losing that.
Sales have been normal after I made the deadlines normal again.

Reply to @funkygfx: Thanks. I think I will extend them seeing as it’s not for long. My current buyers are aware so hopefully it shouldn’t be too bad.

Glad you have had much impact on your sales from going away. I’m quite high in my category too so it’s important for me to keep it that way if I can.

Thanks again for replying!

If you are not able to communicate with potential buyers and answer messages I would recommend vacation mode . If you are however, I would just go ahead and increase the delivery time . Have a wonderful vacation ;)!

I went on vacation for two weeks this month and put myself in vacation mode. I was really nervous about it, but the day I got back I was back to the top of the listings. It made me so happy and I am very thankful to Fiverr for this!

And what @anna180 said makes a good point. I knew I would not be able to communicate with buyers regularly while I was gone, so I had to put myself in vacation mode. It worked well for me.

Archived