Can I post the same gig in multiple categories, and will it help?

chrissalem

The gig I am offering right now is truly epic, and I feel like I should be making an insane amount of sales right now, but I’ve only sold a handful of gigs. Does it help to re-post my gig in a different category or subcategory? Is it against the rules? Any help is appreciated. Thank you so much!!!

One of them will be deleted, even if vaguely similar. I had 2 gigs

2 x 500 words
1 x 250 words

The second one got removed as it was too similar to the first, different categories too.

Your gig is not making a lot of sales because there are other sellers offering the same as you, and a lot of them.

Hello there and I truly wish you luck!

#1 You have to create many gigs to bring potential buyers to your portal. Having 1 gig limits you.

#2 I would create a crazy video of you actually doing what you said you’ll do, that’ll truly make it epic!

#3 You have to be patient and you must try to promote your gigs via social media etc.

Good luck!

Reply to @thecreativeguys: 1 gig may limit some sellers and in most cases I agree that multiple gigs is helpful. However, as to what the OP says, duplicating the same gig with no or barely any variance is not a good idea. Gigs should be different enough from each other to make sense and not appear to be exploiting the system.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

You can’t have duplicate gigs. If you change it around somehow you could try it.

Hi,

I have a gig on virtual assistant category where I give data entry service with other services. Can I open a gig in data entry category with slightly different description?

Hi,

I have a gig on virtual assistant category where I give data entry service with other services. Can I open a gig in data entry category with slightly different description?

Yes, because those two are completely different things.

In fact, you would do better to have those 2 in separate categories and as Gigs.

Just be aware, that the Virtual Assistant and Data Entry categories are quite saturated (overpopulated) with other sellers - so, you may not get much traction or sales.

GG

Archived