Fiverr`s 5 Golden Rules For Sucess

rayn45

I am making this thread to open the eyes of Fiverr members to be able to see Fiverr for the full potential that it has.

Rule 1: ALWAYS Upload A Video For Each Gig.

Rule 2: Pick A Creative, Specific, And Eye Catching Title.

Rule 3: Upload a Custom Made Picture.

Rule 4: Have A Long And Articulate Description.

Rule 5: Always Have 20 Gigs Active At Once.

Reply to @dsaidov:

+++1 😃

the best advice you could have given to someone 🙂

keep videos short, up to 30 sec max. I myself prefer images more since clients attention is 2-5 sec and if I don’t grab his attention by then its bye bye 😃

Rule 2: Pick A Creative, Specific, And Eye Catching Title.

True 🙂

True 🙂

True, but unfortunately fiverr has imposed description character restriction 😦

diversity is the key definitely, but if you have even one gig which is worth of attention then you might prosper as well 🙂

I disagree with some of these as golden rules.

Rule 2: Pick A Creative, Specific, And Eye Catching Title. (sometimes)

Creative and Eye-Catching titles are good. Specific IS good as long as it is what you are selling in the base gig. If you write “I will make a vector logo up to 100 colors for $5” but vector images cost extra and the $5 gig is for black & white, you may run into trouble.

Articulate descriptions are pretty critical. Long ones are often very useful, but if you write a bunch of extra stuff just to fill in space, buyers move on.

No matter how many gigs you can post, using them all only makes sense if the are unique compared to other gigs and if you can actually do all of them well enough to make a buyer happy. I know of sellers making $2500+ with 1 gig.

Reply to @around86: > True, but unfortunately fiverr has imposed description character restrictio - See more at: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/75157/fiverrs-5-golden-rules-for-sucess#sthash.kL8QWyy9.dpuf

This is not unfortunate, a long description is not going to help you, some descriptions are extremely long and boring, nobody needs that.

You have to communicate the essentials, not less, not more.

You don’t need a really long description, just communicate what’s important, what the buyer needs to know. In journalism, every story begins with the Who, What. Where, Why and How.

Here’s an example of a succesful gig with a short description:

=============
I will do data research Find for you contact,email,web for $5

Over 300 Successful Gigs 🙂
If you need to find out information for particular company or category or country (e.g. I need contact lists of Australian 40 Milk companies) then give me that job, I will do it within couple of days.

In this type of Job Information will be included:

Company NameContact AddressWeb/Email AddressContact Number

If your work is complicated or need special care please contact me first before placing an order. It must help both of us to make sure good working quality. Thanks.
https://www.fiverr.com/allursolve/do-data-research-find-for-you-contactemailweb

He has 18 people in his queue.

My experience is somewhat different.

1. Keep logon to fiverr every time you can (At the beginning)
  2. Do not delay any order
  3. Make customer delight
  4. Reply messages as soon as possible
  5. Collect 5 start rating & good comments

Anyway, I have added a video for one of my gig, which is performing well & I believe that there is some relation between the success of the gig & added video.
I believe that comments making a huge impact on the success of my gigs. This kind of good comments can only earn by not customer satisfaction, but delighting of the customer.
Keashan

Reply to @kjblynx: That’s true, but it’s a huge risk and you’re missing opportunities. Even when you’re TRS, your #1 gig may not appear on the first row everyday, so if you have other gigs, you’ll make money from those on the slow days. Besides, for some TRS’s this is a hobby, a part-time gig. For the one that’s doing Fiverr full-time, he needs all the gigs he can get. In the end, my rule for creating a gig is simple:

1. Is it something I enjoy doing?
  2. Can I do the basic $5 gig in 15 minutes or less.

This is why I don’t write press releases, that’s a big moneymaker, but when I did it I was wasting 30-60 minutes, sometimes getting revision requests, it just wasn’t worth the aggravation.

Archived