Jump to content

Offering a skill worth the price


Guest crowfeet

Recommended Posts

Guest crowfeet

Hey there!



I’m a programmer/game-developer that’s eager to start selling gigs on fiverr, but I’m a bit concerned about under-selling the skills I offer. I understand that fiverr takes a twenty-percent cut one your earnings, meaning I’ll only earn four dollars for every five dollar gig. I’ve no problem with this; however, I’m still trying to identify I skill I could offer that’s worth four-dollars. I certainly can’t see myself developing a small prototype for this amount, because that’s severely undervaluing my experience and line of work. I would however be willing to offer some degree of consulting and micro-refactoring for this amount. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this issue? Suggestions would be wonderful!



Thanks,

crowfeet


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest crowfeet

Reply to @kjblynx: I appreciate your suggestions! I noticed that some sellers charge more than $5? Is this a perk given to sellers that have already completed a few gigs or can you charge an amount greater than five right out the gate?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keep it simple. Offer 1 solution for 1 problem.

I believe they are testing the ability to start opening prices higher than $5. This is only available to some in some categories.

For me in the video market it has some of the same challenges you mentioned. I strive to offer something for $5.00 that is really good or useful. That I can complete in 10-30 minutes, but only 20% of the customers need the $5 service. This allows the other 80% to order gig extras making the projects $25-$100. These larger products have a higher profit and can be completed in 30 minutes to an hour.

The fast food restaurant does the same thing with the dollar menu. Their profits are slim to none on the dollar menu, but that gets traffic in the door of the restaurant. My fear is that Fiverr may lose traffic if they remove the $5.00 model.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...