Singer having trouble with Canceled orders

lizturner239

Hi,

I am a level 2 Voiceover/Singer on fiverr, I have some clients who after I have delivered the final product (My singing voice) want me to cancel the order, because they didn’t envision my voice sounding like this, or had something else in mind, I have done numerous amount of modifications. Therefore is my only option is to cancel the order? After I have spent about 10+ hours on the work, I will now not get paid, and plus they have my voice, and music I have created for them, even if they claim " They are not going to use it". I am worried now people are just saying they don’t want it and cancel, to get their money back, even though they have the final product. HELP PLEASE!!!

This is a tough spot to be in for you if you are new and have few ratings to cushion those who want to essentially “steal” from you.

Do you have samples (video) of your voice on your Gigs? If so, that right there shows that they cannot claim they didn’t expect your voice to sound one way and when you deliver, it is totally different. In that case, I would say you have some shady buyers who perhaps want to take advantage of you since you are new and get free work.

I had a buyer today who ordered a Gig from me that answers if love is in their near future, BUT, in the body of her order, she asked a totally different question about an ex. Now, from experience, I have buyers who will order this particular Gig and ask something other than what the Gig says, but, it is still a love question I suppose in their minds. I always answer their question, but this one got all hot and bothered with me because she didn’t get the answer to whether love would be in her near future - well, the Gig is only for ONE question (mind you it was a 4 page reading!) and her question was about an ex, not if love was coming. So, she tried to cancel or have me answer (with a new reading mind you) if love was in her future - and asked a 3rd unrelated question about if he was happy with his new g/f! So, 3 questions! I told her I would not cancel or modify, that I did what was expected (answer her question) and did so in detail. Of course, she threatens bad feedback, and that is fine, but, I will also explain why she is not happy. If she would have approached it differently, perhaps I would have told her the answer, but, I could sense she was trying to turn a one question Gig into a 3 question Gig. Nope. Don’t do that. Not with me.

I see you do have videos and are Level 2. It is up to you if you deny the cancellation. I just think if you have videos showing your vocal range and ability, they should know how you are going to sound. I think you may have some buyers who are trying to get away with murder here. Especially if you are doing modifications. I bet if you knew where they were going to use this Gig, you would find they DID indeed use it, even though they claim they won’t.

Also, since this is a creative thing, I think that Fiverr will side with you on the cancellation as it is subjective.

GG

Guest indigohealers

Liz your gig displays your voice perfectly, I agree with GG, 1) make it clear that one mod is allowed per gig (you decide the revisions); and 2) I would not cancel an order that had been delivered. I don’t know if you require details on where the song is being used, but I would suggest you gather it so that if someone cancels, and you agree, you can follow up to ensure the final product isn’t used, but I’d draw boundaries here and deny the request. If they’re really adamant about it, let them file a complaint, at which time Fiverr can be the intermediary and you can provide your side of the story.

GG - I’m a level one seller, most of my business comes from outside Fiverr, thankfully. I’m also an intuitive psychic, and if I know ahead of time or sense the client is going to be difficult, I cancel their order, it’s not worth the headache or poor review and some folks are trying to get more bang for their buck or simply don’t understand that the better the question, the more precise the answer. Listen to your gut and protect your business. There is such a thing as bad clients. My humble two cents.

Hi Indigo - I am an astrologer, not a psychic, and have only had maybe 2 people try this stunt with me - I used to read their questions and just answer them to avoid conflict. This one asked a question that was really not related to the Gig - she should have picked another that addresses this sort of stuff, but, in my experience, I have had people order this Gig (as it is my most popular after my horary Gig) and NOT ask about their future love life, but about someone they are already fond of or dealing with. So, I just trusted that she was like the other 99% . LOL My bad, she wasn’t. Now, if she had ordered the Gig and up front asked two questions, I would have given her the heads up to re read the Gig and that it was just one question, and if she got hissy with me, well, then I would cancel! But, this was after writing up a 4 page read, looking at her chart etc etc. I don’t give a one paragraph reading here, I try to do 110%, so, I guess I got a bit hurt that she didn’t appreciate what I DID do for her. If she would not have come at me as she did, I would have just given her the answer and kept it moving.

Unfortunately, Venus has moved into Virgo and is right with my Uranus today, so I am being maybe a bit willful and stubborn as well as rebellious about it!

Hope your time here at Fiverr is prosperous Indigo! Do you read on other sites? I have been reading online for close to 20 years, so I am pretty much everywhere!

GG

Guest webexpert1313

some buyers also doing scam here… after everything mention in gig description if delivered successfully, buyer want cancellation and giving unwanted excuse…

Buyers need to understand seller performance, if seller delivered all as well then buyers need to do respect.

Thanks

Nothing wrong with your voice from a production stand point. As a producer and in broadcast 27 years, there is a lot of scum out there and there’s a lot of fraud on fiverr.

We reduced the number of videos we produce through fiverr mainly because of fraud and the changes fiverr has made. Thankfully, we haven’t had many problems in the past four years, but of course, it’s not our main business. Liz, just use fiverr as a platform to socialize, get a few sales, but I emphasize, socialize.

Tips to prevent fraud with music:

1. On the tags before outputting the format, add in your name, music with limited license to (name of the buyer) Get the buyers name and website before you get the order if you can.

2. There is a software available to encode your music and prevent from copying. So, when they download the file you provide they cannot transfer or copy to another computer.

3. Report fraud to fiverr admin, although they can’t do much.

But, getting the name and website first before doing anything is the best way to go. Then you’ll know who they are and if they are serious. They don’t provide the info, say bye-bye. Don’t risk your talent on a fraudster.

Archived