Cancellations: Newbie still learning the ropes

Of the eight orders I’ve placed, I’m presently on the second order that’s not complete.

The first was a seller initiates cancellation an hour before the order was due.

The second, I’m experiencing currently. The order was placed on the 16th, due the 18th. Seller messaged yesterday (one day late) with the ‘order complete’ with a note asking that I request modifications and he will send the gig in a “2 hours”. We are now well past that and nearly 12 hours later (almost two days) at the moment. Still no product received.

I know life happens. However, I’m really surprised, as these two orders, as with all orders start with my initiating a detailed conversation, and asking if it’s okay to place the order once we’ve come to a clear agreement, yet the seller is dropping the ball. I find it hard to believe a five start seller would take the hit of a negative review.

Is it that the strategy employed by this seller is common, to test the patience of a buyer, and get around taking a possible negative hit rating wise?

Reply to @kjblynx: He just delivered the order with the excuse he had to go to hospital for a headache. Mind you, he’s logged on and off everyday during the period the product should have been delivered and he’s in hospital. And yes, a true modification was needed and submitted, proper.

I believed he’d not want to ruin his hefty star rating. I give thorough ratings. They have all be very complimentary, with the exception of one person who didn’t review and properly edit before she sent the work. I believe in honesty and complimenting where due.

Thanks again!

Reply to @gumtech: I think so as well. This platform just doesn’t seem to be work the headache.
So far, I’ve place eight orders total, using the same person twice, and the rest individuals. I can say two followed the specs giving. I never asked for revisions, as one could go round and round trying to get it right. And it makes me feel I’m nitpicking. So as long as the edits won’t be much, I accept and give stellar reviews on what they did.
I allowed room for patience with this seller, as he had five stars across the board. It made me wonder if he uses this strategy to buy loads of time, offer refunds to receive a favorable rating from some. I too wonder if people are mostly being polite when leaving reviews, instead of giving credible feedback for those that come after them, or if they’re trying to salvage what they believe may be a seller that does good work, but is slow.

Either way, it’s no Bueno in my book. I’m not going to haggle with people to honor their word. Do what you say you’ll do, and don’t harass me once I’ve left an honest critique of my experience with your service. The ‘I was in the hospital’ line didn’t work, because he was on fiverr when I messaged him day two after due date.

It would be nice to build a rapport with a couple people in the areas of my need and have mutual respect guide the transaction.

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @gumtech: Sorry to hear that.
I am in need of a qualified person to edit a WordPress template. However, I’ve stopped ordering altogether. For me, it’s more work and stress (sifting through trying to vet) than it’s worth.
Good luck getting your money back. I never received a proper response from Customer Service regarding the issue I had.

Archived