Buyer not responding and not allowing me to deliver

sariahmansoer

I’m new to Fiverr and within 1 week putting up my gig I received 4 orders from one guy . We were talking about just 1 type of song and suddenly he ordered 2 gigs for 2 different songs . Next day he orders something else and requires to do a lot more than he booked. But I wanted to help him out. I finished all the gigs within the required time, but now I’m major over due , because he does not allow me to deliver the orders and he told me not to worry about Fiverr time.

Now I told him I can deliver his stuff but I get no respond at all anymore.

Communicating with this guy was hard, because most of the time I asked him something he did not replied to me well but with something very different so I just have to guess what he wants.

I have no Idea what I should do right now. Now I have a new customer who also did not respond back. I don’t know what to do, but honestly I just feel like I’m going to quit fiverr, because I feel like all buyers will be like this. I can’t work like this and I don’t think a buyer will take my creativity seriously. Does any have some suggestions on delivering the orders anyway ?

Like @kissreviews said. Deliver using the deliver now button.

All customers are not difficult. For me, after I got my Fiverr offers perfect, about 1 in 20 orders are difficult.

I spent hours and hours on some of those first gigs. Think of it as going to school to learn how to conduct business here. The school is free, but it will cost you some time. The first 60 days were intense. You are not alone, but if you push through. there are much brighter days. The struggles I had developing my gig offers were about 25% my customers fault and 75% my fault. It took about 100 deliveries to refine my offer.

I believe business like this is 80% personal development and 20% product. I had been a freelance, self employed subcontractor for 20 years before I started here so I had experience with quotes, customer expectations, communication, customer service and delivery.

Fiverr could be the most rewarding thing that you ever do, but it will take alot of hard work.

Strive for all positive reviews even when it costs you money.

I am encouraged by the experience @landongrace shared in this post. Thank you!

It is normal that we will spend a lot of time handling with our first Fiverr customers as a return of their trusting.Same with you and me. (I just spent two days drawing to finish my first orders, didn’t tell them how long I spent to their tasks…)

Just try your best to communicate with this guy and try to deliver your products using the “deliver now” button. Maybe the guy will reject you, but you still earn your experience, it is priceless. And I think the worst thing is to register a new account if you do hate negative feedbacks, few cost…

By the way, may be you can refer below links?

1. Rejected/ Cancel one: http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/201733463-Order-Status

2. Deal with dispute or cancelation: http://blog.fiverr.com/order-completion-cancellations/?utm_source=bl_ct&utm_term=n770

And also, good luck to you. I think most buyers in Fiverr are good, maybe the guy just go to some place without network during the weekend.

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/201733463-Order-Status,http://blog.fiverr.com/order-completion-cancellations/?utm_source=bl_ct&utm_term=n770//p6.zdassets.com/hc/theme_assets/38806/1752/1980X350_16.jpg

Fiverr Customer Support

http://support.fiverr.com

Thank you all for your feedback. So I should just deliver. I did not use the deliver button yet, because he told me not to. He only wants me to deliver if it is ready. Now everything is ready I want to deliver, but the dropbox was not working for him. So I only send him the mp3 files. He threatened before that I don’t want negative feedback. So i’m afraid when I use the deliver button without his permission he will give me a negative rating.
But it is hard communicating when he does not respond back at all. I did everything he wanted. I just don’t know what else he wants since he doesn’t return my questions at all, but starts on an other subject.But if I don’t receive a reply tonight I will use the deliver button. I really don’t want a customer like that and I’d rather not have him sending an order to me ever again.

Reply to @sariahmansoer: You are new, so expect a few bumps and bruises along the way.

It’s a very bad sign when a buyer immediately starts dictating how the transaction is going to go, and telling you to go against Fiverr’s recommendation of “on time” delivery. This, coupled with his reference to negative feedback was enough cause (in my book) to immediately cancel the transaction.

I hope you deliver quickly or it will automatically be marked “cancelled” by the system and you will receive negative feedback.

P.S. How late are you?

Reply to @sariahmansoer: You are finished when you meet the objectives of the order. The customer can send it back to you for modifications. In creative work modifications are very very common. It’s painful the first time you see it, but you will get use to it. You want your customer to be 100% satisfied and you want them to let you know what you can change for them.

If you go back and forth with modifications and can’t get finished, message me and we can step through it delicately. You have experienced a high “maintenance client” early in the process. There’s not a lot of them, but they are out there. Just smile and know you are being tested with it. Just hold yourself together. You don’t have a lot of order right now, so just spend time on it. This is not in anyway going to set a slow pace for you down the road. I had a early project that took 30 days of going back and forth. The only thing that stopped us changing it was the date for the trade show it was used for. Yes, he bought a trade show video for his booth on Fiverr for $5.00. Wonderful investment.

Just make your revisions really fast, within several hours and use the order delivery system.

@londongrace thank you so much for your info ! That gives me a lot of strength to keep holding on @kissreviews for 2 orders i’m a week late and for other 2 orders almost 24 hours. I will use the deliver now button a.s.a.p. now.
I really don’t mind meeting a buyers demand. I’m willing to do anything. I work for a huge international company myself , so I do know that a service level is very important.

i agree with you some buyer did not respond on time…
I have some buyers who order the gig and forget … order completed But there is no clue of buyer… then i just gave him files and message him whenever he come he will ask anything from me… that way we try to satisfy ourselves… Some buyer did not rate us… there is also major problem…

• 4 months later...

This just happened to me recently when a guy orders my gig along with 2 extras. He was quite responsive at first but when I delivered all his work, he suddenly disappeared. It’s been more than 3 days now and I’m still waiting for his reply or acceptance so I earn what i deserve after working so hard for him.

I hope Fiverr has some sort of remedy for this and I think Fiverr should take this seriously and there should be a time limit for buyers. For instance, if they don’t respond in a reasonable amount of time after the work is delivered to them, Fiverr will consider that order completed and seller will get what he/she should originally get.

If you read the delivery page you will see this is not an issue. If the buyer dies not respond, click modify or click complete your order will auto-complete in 3 days. You will then be able to withdraw or spend your money 14 days after completion. This is not really related to the post you responded to.

Archived