Diversifying your gigs: different styles of gigs under one profile [FEEDBACK WANTED]

afinesse

Hi everyone,

I’ve been on a Fiverr a little over a month and I love it. So far I’ve only offered one gig (editing and proofreading), and it’s doing very well, but I’m interested in branching out a bit. I’ve been a musician for almost ten years and I’d love to offer help with lyrics. I’ve also wanted to get into doing voiceover work for a long time.

My question is this: does it look unprofessional to have such wildly different gigs offered side by side? What might buyers assume about the quality of your work?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Afinesse

EDIT: Thanks for the words of wisdom, guys. My profile has been modified a little, my new lyric editing gig is up, and I can’t wait for my first order! Cheers!

Not at all! I’d say it’s more feathers to your cap 🙂 To be honest, I doubt that many buyers analyse seller’s other gigs when deciding to purchase–maybe if only to see reviews, but if the reviews are good, then you’ve just swung the decision to buy that little more in your favor.

Your seller profile (the text that shows up in your profile on each gig) might look a bit odd if it doesn’t somehow connect to each gig, but really, nothing matters more than being good at what you do and being an established seller on Fiverr. Money should follow if everything else is solid. My bread-and-butter is cartomancy, but I’ve also got gigs in creative writing and translation, and will soon have another for selling handmade gifts. Go for it!

I think you can have very different gigs if you can do them all well. I’ve known people on Fiverr who started out doing one or two things and didn’t do great. Some have added more gigs, even vastly different, and suddenly discovered a gig that turns out to be their top seller.

As @jamesbulls mentioned, you can end up with a funny profile if your profile seems to point to only part of your gigs. I keep my profile fairly broad and that way it doesn’t make it too hard for me to switch things up. Nothing wrong with a do-over anytime!

Yeah, @enmaki, it’s a colorful word, isn’t it? My mother seriously believes that I should wear an actual cape and turban when I work. For what it’s worth, my work uniform is usually some combination of jeans or khakis and a polo or button-up shirt 😛

Archived