How much to charge for a Gig

nataliedaniels

Hi,

I am hoping an experienced Seller can help me with my question. I have a Gig where a buyer would like me to write about her website including:

About us for her website.

About about her

What they do:

How they do:

Contact us:

My question is: How much do I charge for a Gig like this without offending her, or losing the Gig? I have tried raising the price on some Gigs from $5.00 to $10.00 because I thought they were worth more, but then I lose the Gig. Can someone give me some advice. I will be talking to her tomorrow, and I don’t know what to do.

Thanks for your time guys.

I think that you should decide how many words you want to write per basic gig, and say so in your gig description (the more detailed info you give on your description, the less issues you’ll have to confront later).

Once you know how much you’re willing to write for $5, the answer to your question is easy: just ask the buyer how many words she wants per section and do the math.

If your clients aren’t accepting a higher price, that means they don’t understand the value of what you’re offering. Try re-writing your gig descriptions, providing samples of your work, and other stuff to build confidence in the buyer and show that your work is equal to or greater than the money they’re paying.

Try creating a clearer gig description. Also there are many grammatical mistakes so when you talk about how good your writing is, but then have so many mistakes in your description and profile, you loose out on some of the better buyers. Even your gig title doesn’t read well.

State in your gig how much you want to write. Since you say nothing, then buyers expect you to just do whatever length they give you for $5.00. I like the idea above to figure out how many words. I think when you are starting out, since you did not say anything about length, you just need to do one or two jobs, even for $5, get some good reviews then edit your gig and be much more clear.

Reply to @nataliedaniels: You should not provide samples that you sold to other people unless you ask their permission.

I also agree with this:

sincere18 said: when you talk about how good your writing is, but then have so many mistakes in your description and profile, you loose out on some of the better buyers. Even your gig title doesn't read well.

Perhaps buyers are willing to accept a different quality of writing if the get it cheap, but for more than $5 perhaps the want to seek sellers with more practice and polish.

Archived