Problems with 2 Sellers! NOTHING RECEIVED/WRONG STUFF RECEIVED

Hi

Firstly calling users out on this forum isn’t allowed. You haven’t actually done that (you have instead put a link to one of your orders which no one can view as they are not logged into your account). But just a heads up.

Sellers will sometimes try to deliver orders when they are not finished. This is because we have a clock that counts down from when we receive an order. When this clock finishes counting down, the order is then marked as late. I sometimes have done this but only with the buyers permission. I feel it’s unethical to do this without a customers permission.

Go to the order and click on “modification requested.” See if you can resolve the issue with the seller first. If they again deliver the same thing as they did the first time, then get in touch with Customer Support. If your order is cancelled you will get your money back but it will be as funds to use in your Fiverr account. This is one thing about Fiverr I disagree with. I feel you should be able to get your money returned to you, not have to use it within Fiverr. However - we have all agreed to the terms and conditions of use of this site, so there you go…

Alys 🙂

@alysmcdonough
I placed my first order a few days ago and I just experienced something you mentioned. The seller chose their own deadline of two days (I never said I needed it by a certain day). Today was the deadline day and tonight I got an email saying the gig had been delivered. I excitedly logged in to see that the seller had just marked it delivered and basically said, “sorry, Ive already started it and will complete it soon. I’ll deliver again with the original file.” Im pretty nervous cause the communication hasnt been great from them and now theyve marked it delivered when it hasnt been. What are your thoughts on this? Im not sure how to handle it all as im brand new here. Thanks!

Reply to @mrkthmn: That seller is breaking the rules, because “empty delivery” is forbidden. If you do nothing for 3 days after the delivery, the order will be marked as complete. Don’t let it happen. Click on the “request modification” button, and politely tell the seller that you can’t wait to see his work (or something like that). That will keep the order open and prevent it from going into the completed status, until the seller delivers again.

As a seller, use the modification tool. Never let an order automatically post complete until you are satisfied. Sometimes modifications take time. The system will allow you and your provider to take as long as you need.

As I seller, I have had buyers hold up the project for even 30 days.

The only danger is that after the project is 24 hours late, the buyer can cancel the order without it being mutual. This sometimes happens by accident. this automatically posts a negative review and shuts the communication between the seller and the buyer.

Always use the mutual cancellation unless you just feel like your providers deserves a prison sentence. Because that is what a negative review does on Fiverr.

As a provider, I don’t allow new customers to go past 24 hours late. Regulars can take as long as they want.

Archived