How not to get a canceled order and make the buyer go away?

tomijs

Hello!

Yesterday I have got a new order, without the buyer contacting me if I can do it etc.

He ordered a simple 5$ gig but asked for a huuuuuge job that I can’t do in 48h(have some other jobs too) and I am not going to do it for 5$.

How can I make the seller go away if he already ordered but by not getting the order canceled? ( It will ruin reputation I think)

Any help out here?

Your problem is that you insist on all buyers contacting you first. If you want to do business on the basis of custom orders, or you can’t figure out how to offer a simple enough service that doesn’t require your permission before a customer orders, then Fiverr may not be the right platform for you. Want a buyer’s perspective on the “contact me first?” Every time I need something done and that’s what I see on the seller’s profile, I find another seller because I don’t want to waste my time sending emails and waiting for replies to get my order started.

Reply to @jamesbulls: I will update my gigs listing the max words I can write or something like that, but otherwise your “Fiverr might not be your place” doesn’t quite help me on my current problem, as I am talking about this problem only right now, not the future of my gigs. Thank you.

Having read your gig, it has no limits for $5. For a writer I am surprised at this omission. The buyer can ask for anything in your basic gig. As others have said, try mutual cancellation. If that doesn’t work, you may be stuck either doing it or getting a bad review.

You really need to make sure your $5 gig says exactly what they will get.

Good luck, Fiverr can be a great platform, but realize you do need to provide $5 gigs as it is part of your agreement with Fiverr. So just make it clear what $5 gets you.

Reply to @tomijs: 35. TAKE BACK. Once upon a time in my life, I sold cars for a few weeks. One of the tools I learned as a salesperson is the “take back,” and that’s when you tell the customer you don’t want to sell to him or her anymore. The reason to use the take-back is when the customer is beating you up on price or keeps asking for extras and additional services that aren’t included in the original sale. Same thing on Fiverr, when you get a client who wants to haggle you down to bottom dollar and then keeps asking for immediate delivery and extra services outside of what they’re willing to pay, you use the take-back: request a mutual cancellation and send a message along the lines of, “It breaks my heart, Mr. Smith, but I’m refunding your order. You don’t seem certain about what you want, and twice you’ve asked for work beyond what we agreed. For these reasons I think it would be best if you found another seller to complete your order.” At this point, one of two things will happen: Either your buyer will accept the cancellation and go away, or the buyer will give up being problematic and get with the program. Nothing hurts a buyer more than saying “I don’t want your money,” so if you’re going to use the take-back, be sure it’s for a good reason. - See more at: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/58062/32-detailed-tips-to-optimize-your-gigs-and-start-selling-today/p1#sthash.MEMqwSxb.dpuf

Wow so @jamesbulls don’t you think if the buyer had message @tomijs this confusion would have been avoided. I get orders like this where they just order thinking what I can do and in my description I don’t, so I think the best approach is that you message me first if you are not clear on what I am offering.
Ps. I still get those random orders where they don’t message but in agreement with the others that mutual cancellation may be the best approach for you now. Best wishes.

Reply to @julipalmer7: I agree 100%. Even if it is very easy to understand what your are offering for $5, many buyers ask for more. They are constantly trying to get $50 worth of work for $5. 99.9% of my cancellations is usually because a buyer orders my gig without first discussing it. Not all gigs are simple and straight forward and it is imperative to be certain you discuss the customer needs before ordering – I don’t care what platform you are using. And by the way, Fiverr is slowing changing their pricing structure. I can now offer certain gigs at a starting price of more than $5. Fiverr realizes that customer’s needs are growing and need to be met by sellers who can adjust to more than just a $5 platform.

Guest webexpert1313

you can easly send mutual cancellation request and you not loss your reputation. Thanks 🙂

@steeveeyes I know I share the same sentiments, its just a pity that when these cancellations do occur it does affect our ratings even though it is not being seen. I think that because these buyers think that everything is for $5, it doesn’t matter much to them when you explain that you don’t do a particular service.

Archived