Social Media Sharing

asi_9207

Hello Everyone,

I’m a web and graphics designer, i have 9 gigs on my profile related to graphics, not a single one of web. And i got level two without sharing my gigs or profile on facebook and other social media. But Now i want to increase my business over fiverr and other online freelancing websites. As i have 9 gigs already and going to upload 3 or 4 more in few days. And now i also want to share it on facebook, twitter and pinterest. My question is from everyone here who is sharing their fiverr business on Social media, Should i share my each gig individually on social media or single link of my profile?

Thanks

Asif

• Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I share my gigs each day, but I get just a few sales, sometimes I have days when I get no sales. I suppose that sharing on social media is just the Fiverr strategy to maintain an important presence on main social websites and to increase it’s traffic from that kind of websites and search engines.

• Like 1

I don’t think sharing on social websites has any effect on increasing sales. What does it look like? Someone sees your gig on Facebook, and says: “Hey, I might buy a logo today!” I don’t think so…

If people need something, they know where to look for it, and they will do it WHEN they actually need it. Social media is suitable for large companies, or promoting events and similar, but I don’t really see anything useful for us, freelancers.

Potential clients nowadays won’t even search for freelancers on google, they will visit freelance websites directly.

kasijus said: I don't think sharing on social websites has any effect on increasing sales. What does it look like? Someone sees your gig on Facebook, and says: "Hey, I might buy a logo today!" I don't think so...

If people need something, they know where to look for it, and they will do it WHEN they actually need it. Social media is suitable for large companies, or promoting events and similar, but I don't really see anything useful for us, freelancers.

Potential clients nowadays won't even search for freelancers on google, they will visit freelance websites directly.

You have a point. Obviously, i don’t think there’s any benefits in sharing gigs on social media, as most people know where to look for things when they need it. If at all there’s advantage in sharing gigs on social media, only a few category would benefit from it, and that could be Graphics, Web Design, and maybe Programming related services.

Both. Share your profile page and your gigs individually. I get a lot of sales from social media and post often. Include keywords and hashtags to increase your reach beyond your followers and also interact with your followers letting them know about your services. DO NOT SPAM other twitter users who aren’t following you or you risk getting your URL marked as spam. Play by the rules, be ethical, and create a file in your ‘notepad’ to keep your tweets/posts for easy copy and pasting so you don’t have to create a new message everytime. 🙂

Good luck! Those who aren’t using social media, just know that twitter has over 250 Million users alone. Not all of those people are going to see your gigs, but that’s a heck of an audience to try to reach! 🙂

DTong (TRS)

Reply to @seofanatics: you are wrong my friend. Numerous benefits to posting on social media including SEO for your own gig as Facebook, linkedIn, Google+, and twitter are ALL indexed by google.

Not everyone knows about freelancing or even where to find one. They are looking for services and there are MILLIONS of people searching for services on Social media, more than are searching on Fiverr I promise you that.

DTong

Reply to @kasijus: Wrong. People aren’t searching for FREELANCERS, they are searching for a service to get done. If they come across a freelancer, they may or may not purchase based on that fact. I have numerous buyers tell me they found me on Twitter or LinkedIn or Facebook, so I would adjust your perception and start sharing your gigs. The problem is that people don’t want to take the time to build up their networks, they expect everyone to come to them and for Fiverr to bring them traffic.

Some of my Largest orders have come from sharing with my social network, so don’t jump to conclusions and sell yourself short. It takes literally seconds to share a gig, and if your timing is right, you will land more sales. Period.

DTong (TRS)

Reply to @dtongsports: That’s right, they are searching for services, but that’s not the point, the point is that they will go to freelance websites directly, anyway. And I am not talking only about Fiverr, I am talking about all kinds of websites, mostly those where they can post specific projects, and let freelancers apply.

Anyway, I’m glad you got lucky, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t work in most cases for others.

• 3 weeks later...

Reply to @dtongsports: Thanks DTong, after sharing on social media, orders are coming on my gigs and now i’m on my business. Yes it’s true that people don’t come directly to your links but they like that freelancer should ask them about their problems, everybody has a busy life so they want everything on their doorstep. Thanks again.

Yes you are right, Good luck to those who are not using social media. 🙂

• Like 1

It pays to share you Gigs on social media because the only investment you make is your time.
Now I use twitter to share my Gigs, and they way to measure the social success on Fiverr is looking at your Gig Analytics. Take the time and invest and learn more about your Analytics. The other key in terms of your Gigs success is the number impressions the Gig generates when people are searching Fiverr.
The key to social media is getting the right message out there in terms of the value of your Gig. Additionally knowing the hastags you use.
Start with twitter, use Google URL shortener, test and learn.
Check out #LowCostAnalytics