The key for new seller is to persist

neatshots

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a maturation process here on Fiverr which many new sellers discount. At first, you start by adopting the tips and tricks from others while emulating those who seem to be successful. But as you mature as a seller, your real success starts when you carve your own niche and voice.

Just like any effective marketing tactic, you’ll need to distinguish your product from the competition. That’s really tough to do if you are just emulating the competition. But that is a journey. So yes, persistence is key, but also, be creative… be receptive to critique… do something a bit different, and own it! When you do, you might well attract a whole new kind of customer.

Guest elamst1

I agree with everything you said about being persistent. The main problem about new sellers is that at first the only way they can get orders and be noticed by potential buyers is through buyer requests. How did you managed to sell your first gigs?

I haven’t been able to figure that out, there is a gap of weeks or hours in some orders. From the last reply to this one, the figures have gone down. So I think you have to effectively promote your gigs on social networks (kinda tough for recluses like me) or your gig has to be unique or maybe it is just sheer luck.
Best wishes though 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Archived