Order when finalising the contract

christemplate

I am new to fiverr - how does the order of finalising work?

I ordered a liquid-design website and got some photos and a short video. Looks fine, and I want to finalise the Gigs, but is it really that I have to finalise (and so also rate) it before I even see the REAL code to see if it’s working like promised and if it’s flexible not hardcoded - all these things that a picture and even video can’t tell, so how can I rate upfront like the seller ask me to do - I shall finalise and rate before he will deliver, is that how it is supposed to be?

You do not have to rate your order before you have had a chance to make sure it is as agreed upon. In fact, you don’t have to rate an order at all, if you don’t want to, and I don’t recommend rating a spec or preliminary product.

Unless you request an order modification (the link is at the top of the order page, near the order number #FO…), the Fiverr system will automatically change the order status to “complete” in I believe it’s 3 days after the seller delivers the product to you. By not rating an order, the seller’s funds are slightly delayed to him or her.

Sellers desire favorable ratings because that helps us generate new orders & also gets our funds to us a little quicker. For me, about 70% of customers actually rate their orders & I never ask customers to rate. Some sellers are very assertive about asking that customers give high ratings, and a few are aggressive & demanding about it.

NO
Please do not rate before you see the actual code.
This could cause some conflicts if the delivery is not what you wanted.
I suggest you ask for the code, see it.
If it is what you want, mark the order as complete.
If not, ask for a modification.

It is wrong for a seller to ask for a review before the product is even delivered.

Ok, thanks for your input.

I asked for it and got the code already. Like I was worried, the Mockup was done perfectly, but as soon as the Screen-Rate changed the design broke apart, since it was hardcoded. So, there were 7 requirements I asked for in the very beginning, 3 are fullfilled complete, 2 partly and 2 not at all. After several deliver/modification rounds I understand that he get’s impatient to get the task finalised - but it’s only partly finished. Is it possible to pay only 3 out of 7 gigs?? Or is there only all or nothing? And if so should I next time order every requirement separately?

Reply to @christemplate: It’s all or nothing. But if you really want to pay only part of the money, you may request a mutual cancellation. Then, the money will be refunded to your account, and you can make a new order with the amount you’re willing to pay.

In my opinion, it’s better to order a $5 task the first time you work with a seller. In fact, I guess that’s the purpose of Fiverr: try for only 5 bucks, and if you like it, order more.

Archived