Be careful - lots of FRAUDULENT logo designers

david388

I hate to be the one to post something negative here, but I need to warn all of you to be very careful when ordering logos here.

I’ve had a handful of terrible experiences now in trying to have a logo designed for my website. In a few of them, the material that the Seller returned to me was completely different from what they have displayed in their portfolio, leading me to believe that they’ve plagiarized work for their "examples."

Over the weekend, I requested a refund after the most recent seller I purchased with returned to me - as a logo - my brand name typed in a standard font with a SMILEY FACE above it! I wish I were kidding, but I’m not. A few hours later, the Seller’s account was apparently deleted from Fiverr (it’s no longer available when I click their profile), and now the money I spent on the purchase is completely lost.

In any case, there’s lots of talent here on Fiverr - but in the arena of Logos, there seems to be much more in the way of fraudulent Sellers. It’s extra frustrating for me, as I’ve been trying to stay within the Fiverr ecosystem and use Fiverr instead of 99designs, Dribbble, etc. I’m beginning to lose heart where logos are concerned. Please be careful out there, guys.

Anyone have a positive experience to share with Logos?

One other clue I’ve since noticed: if the seller’s profile says “United States” for the location, but their grammar isn’t correct, be suspicious that this is someone from another country who’s masking their IP address to appear to be US-based.

For the refund, I think you should contact support for getting back your money. If you’re using your seller’s credits to purchase, it should be easy to be refunded as seller’s credits.

It sounds like you’re buying from a completely new seller? You should actually ignore the first three samples (“Sample images”) and look at Live Portfolio samples. Or some sellers will include a Flickr link, and it’s also okay. When you get suspicious of some samples, Google Reverse Image Search is probably the best tool for you.

Yes, fraudulent sellers are flooding everywhere, especially SEO, logo design, and social marketing. You shall find some tips by Googling or searching in the forum before you are lured by the misleading sample images.

You need to get a refound for sure.
This is happened when people don’t make a deep search for what they are looking for.
Unfortunately Fiverr promote the new sellers and sellers who can deliver most/day. You can see how many “logo designers” deliver even 100 logos/day and many of them 20-50/day. That means they work like 5-10 minutes/logo. New sellers work a lot for every logo but unfortunately they have nothing to do with logo designing.

Reply to @david388: True enough. I ordered a logo once, but it was actually by accident. It was early in my Fiverr days when I didn’t realize that the second you clicked the Order button, you were in. I didn’t want to ask for a refund since it was my own fault, so I just told the seller to send me something based on one of his examples. I can’t say it was a great logo, but since I didn’t actually need another logo and I didn’t request any modifications, I can’t speak for or against that experience.

I can say that I’ve seen quite a few sellers displaying copyrighted logos that they clearly did not design and many do appear to have created the accounts using IP proxies to disguise the country. I report them to Customer Support when I have time.

I design logos (and other designs) and I had my small website, more like a blog where I posted my portfolio. Once, out of curiosity, googled my images from portfolio and saw them on someones website offering a ‘professional logo designs, vectors…’ I then thought what this person delivers to people who actually buy something from them. I also have my own digital store and I went past several websites offering my resources for free.
I stopped caring for this much, but I’d hate to be the person to receive such terrible product as you did. I’m really sorry you had to go through more than one bad experience with a seller, because some people may think that the whole Fiverr is a scam that even doesn’t return money if they did bad work. But nowadays I guess that’s just how things are and going to be everywhere.

For what it’s worth, most logo designers here use Photoshop or Illustrator templates to create logos. Others use any variety of logo creation programs. As such, few are really “designers.” So for those that have more custom needs, many of these people won’t be able to help.

If you are using fiverr talent for a logo, you might consider asking them if they are a “designer/illustrator” or if their works are derived from a logo template or application. For example, many of the “vintage” style logos are derived from templates. Oh, and to make matters worse, many sellers are violating the terms of conditions for these templates.

A simple Google search for “photoshop logo template” or “illustrator logo template” should reveal examples of what we commonly see from many “designers” portfolios.

And by the way, I don’t have a problem with logos derived from a template. It’s only an issue if I assume the seller actually designed the logo, and thus, is capable of creating a custom logo.

A ton of ways to find genuine sellers

Check their total reviews

Check the comments by previous buyers

Check their samples

Check their online reputation

Check their gig description [refund and revision policy]

And we believe it is not hard to find great talent in the design category

Guest seobookmarkbest

We recommend that you build your buyers with fragglesrock. So if your account suspended you still have a bank customer data.

You can get an email from linkedin, facebook and some areas like alibaba.

Important customer data, is aimed at long-term project.

But do not ask fiverr email through your account, it is prohibited

Good luck

REMINDER TO LOGO SELLERS: The author of this thread wanted to offer tips for buyers who are trying to find a good logo seller. You may add real tips, but do not use this thread to offer or advertise your gigs. Gig ads go in My Fiverr Gigs. If you post ads or beg for sales in this thread the post may be removed.

Guest nanharr

Reply to @david388: I’m sorry to hear of your difficulties. When I was looking for someone to create a logo for my website, I searched through many, and came across a graphic designer named FRAGGLESROCK. The logo was created to my specifications, and I asked for many tweaks, and he did them without hesitation and quickly, and I finally got exactly what I wanted, down to the gradient gold lettering. I ended up with an extra logo, that I did not want to use on my website, but found a later use for it on my Twitter page, so I contacted him again, and asked for another Gig so that I could pay him for that one too. I will definitely commission him for any future logos that I may need. He is also polite, and responds quickly to any questions, and is creative. The logo was delivered exactly as promised, looks professional,and I’m still happy with it.

Guest seobookmarkbest

Customer contact is important in any business.

If you only rely on the traffic fiverr, you will be difficult to develop.

You have to promote out and have every email in which you can getrespon from outside fiverr.

I am by no means disparaging fiverr or saying that the seller wasn’t fraudulent, but I believe that you get what you pay for. It might sound like a hassle, but I’ve found that the best graphic design experiences happen when the designer and the client communicate and go through multiple iterations- the finished work might look simple, but the process to get there can be deceptively long. Unfortunately, this isn’t going to happen through sites like fragglesrock(spec work- only one person gets paid even though a bunch waste their time- this is actually illegal in some jurisdictions), or even likely through fiverr(at least not from a first-world seller). I’d recommend looking through people’s behance portfolios and talking with them- it’s expensive to the layman, but in my opinion, well worth it to know that you’ll have well-thought-out results.

As for my online clients, I’ve had very little luck with fiverr or any other “job” site for work that didn’t take less than half an hour. My larger clients have come from elsewhere.

I am by no means disparaging fiverr or saying that the seller wasn’t fraudulent, but I believe that you get what you pay for. It might sound like a hassle, but I’ve found that the best graphic design experiences happen when the designer and the client communicate and go through multiple iterations- the finished work might look simple, but the process to get there can be deceptively long. Unfortunately, this isn’t going to happen through sites like fragglesrock(spec work- only one person gets paid even though a bunch waste their time- this is actually illegal in some jurisdictions), or even likely through fiverr(at least not from a first-world seller). I’d recommend looking through people’s behance portfolios and talking with them- it’s expensive to the layman, but in my opinion, well worth it to know that you’ll have well-thought-out results.

As for my online clients, I’ve had very little luck with fiverr or any other “job” site for work that didn’t take less than half an hour. My larger clients have come from elsewhere.

Archived