Spammers and Scammers are getting the most sales on fiverr

whitehatseo10

Almost all search results related to SEO and social marketing niches are dominated by results from sellers who are 100% spammers and/or scammers. Even some of them was reported (and the claims was just ignored by fiverr staff - maybe from money reasons), the gigs of one of the main spammers in the world are dominating and still existing on fiverr, even if many comments of his gigs contains complaints about low quality work, spamming work and even scams.

How is possible that fiverr to allow selling facebook likes or youtube views or spammy gigs (with 30K backlinks for $5 ?), by top rated sellers, and promoting spam, scam and low quality work, instead of HQ services?

Well actually many people buy SEO pack or Traffic here on Fiverr and waiting for conversations and profit. But fox! If you want real results you need to do SEO and work on your traffic every day… but not simple bought 1 time and that all… yes maybe you will get some results as first impression from people who will see promotion… but this is not working at all if you want to receive conversation in a long term! Need your own efforts in order to get results!
And I really not sure about this people who sell traffic GIGs. Nowadays traffic = money. Why need to sell money? if you can sent this traffic to Google ad sense or to ClickBank affiliate program and build your income like this? So no reason to buy traffic Gigs here… just my 5 cents… 😉

Just a money game. Don’t forget you’re also into the Fiverr game. What’s your definition of high quality/spam/scam?

I’ve got a feeling that the pot is calling the kettle black… Social bookmarking can also be a spam. Twitter promotion using an account with fake followers (shown by Twitter follower audit) can also be a scam. It just depends on how you think.

This thread is interesting, but it was started by a seller of SEO related services. I sell honest writing gigs and I tire of fakes that do spins and can’t even write in clear English. There are probably some scammers and some “good apples” in every category. I know enough about SEO to know a few ways to optimize my own gigs with keywords, but not a lot more.

I dont buy services related to general SEO or social media unless it’s very simple, like a write-up on a successful blog. So, I can’t comment a lot on the difference between a scam SEO gig and a “good” one, if they exist. One other thing, though, I would call this thread a Conversation instead of a Tip.

Funny, I just had a bad experience with that exact seller! lol.
Thought that since he was a Fiverr editors favorite and a TRS that it would be a good gig to get. Got the 90 days of traffic and he sent 3 clicks the first day and then it stopped suddenly…after ONE DAY! Lol. He couldn’t provide an explanation or response and immediately he sent a refund/cancellation request. Not too confident in his own work.

Fiverr is FULL of scammers and gigs that just don’t do a thing for you. It hurts the marketplace and with one bad experience, buyers will disappear. If I weren’t a seller already and instead a first time buyer, and I bought that gig, I’d never return to Fiverr again to purchase anything. The same goes for Backlinks. These people have software that all they do is enter the website and the BOTS take over the rest. Hardly makes any affect on your website’s SEO, but people seem to be in the market for it that’s for sure.

Be aware, and don’t be afraid to tell the seller EXACTLY how you feel if an order doesn’t go the way you had imagined.

DTong (TRS)

In a normal world these scammers and spammers should be banned, or at least they should not get priority in Fiverr search results. But there must be a trick to get that kind of bad guys in front (friendships, money or other factors that in government are related to corruption). It’s true that we can’t talk about corruption in a private company like Fiverr, but there is no doubt that the Fiverr selling system is corrupted in a more legal or illegal way (by its employees, by management, by the system designers, or by… who knows?).

I personally would not call things fake or a scam as it always depends on the market. If someone wants to look good for a second of attention, sure, let him buy 10K followers or likes or whatever. The truth behind all this is that many people just want to look good and if you fake it, you will look bad in the end.

Fact is that facebook, twitter and all the names have ways to tell if something is fake or not. Followers might last a day or even months, but the truth is that they will drop once companies find out and then buyers will look bad cause how will they explain a drop of 10K followers or likes to real followers and likers. Once that happens they lose credibility and the funny part is that they paid for it.

So my believe is that if there is a market, then sellers are smart enouh to jump on the train to benefit from it. Nobody forces people to buy gigs and smart people would not go that path.

I agree that there are many bad things going on on fiverr like people selling warez, script copies, android source that they grabbed from warez forums or copied articles, spinned ones, designs etc. and I also agree that the rating system is corrupt because honestly… if everybody expects five stars and five stars are not honest. Five stars means that you have received the best of the best service and I doubt that every 5 star review is really the best of the best. If someone rates less, he gets a worse rating, so the five star rating is a must so people don’t get in trouble and that’s a bad thing. It would be better to just have thumbs up or down as it would be more honest.

Sure, sellers would still cancel orders if they get a thumbs down, but it would be more honest than 5 stars that say nothing because everybody just expect a 5 stars review. If things would be more honest then a rating of 4 would be for good work and 5 for really good work. The average would be around 3 which would mean a good job. Even as seller I would prefer it this way as it would be more honest. Sadly here on fiverr it’s most times a 5 for work done and a 1 if things go wrong.

Guest reinier01

Reply to @dtongsports: I hear you, but I was rather surprised at the sheer volume of reviews. I work on several sites and it very rare to see a seller with a perfect score, regardless of the number of reviews. Even at this large number, just one negative review will mean a less than perfect 5-star score, so I was wondering how this seller manages to be right all of the time.

• 5 months later...

It is possible that in this niche, Fiverr, like the rest of us, struggle to tell who does genuine work and who doesn’t. I work with small businesses a lot and backlinks, pageviews, likes and followers is something that comes up a lot with business owners.
Having tried out a number of these kinds of services myself on sites of mine, I find it impossible to judge any results they might give. It will take time for the links to be indexed or to see if the likes/followers added will drop off in a couple of days.
An honest internet marketer will admit it may take months to see any increase in traffic based on backlinks and the possibility of these backlinks being negative is always there.
Your 10 site posting gig looks good and genuine to be fair and your video shows that it is genuine but I suggest some text or voice over to explain what the video is showing as it is not immediately obvious.

hmmm, I know I will be buying (if need something) from sellers I see on forum, the ones which actually write threads and posts beyond “help me my friend i need work”. Like if I need some writing/proofread I would go with emmaki, for photo stuffs rudevectors, for photoshop maria, deffo g something is her name for logos, her work is awesome, then aly if I would need her services… and there is one seo something guy, I would order seo from him, zeus, fonthunt etc. It is because those people I see often talking about serious stuffs, giving tips, improving…I trust they do good work.

I agree with you, I just find the services I was talking about above very difficult to evaluate and so I don’t buy them. In terms of who I buy from, it depends on what I am looking for. For an important work I agree, I would use trusted sellers and people like you and those you mention but for other work where I don’t have the budget for better sellers then I will take a chance on other people and I will be prepared for a result that is less than perfect 🙂

Yeah, it all depends on what you are looking for and how big your budget is for it. And you as a buyer should be aware what you will get under what budget. Even though sometimes new sellers with low prices as well can do remarkable job, that is how everyone starts. But just like you I trust people I see as an active members of a community when it comes to something important and there is no time for testing out. It is just like the graphic explanation you gave in another thread under Tips for buyers. Brilliant article, btw.

Archived