Contact info on design work

fancypantzgc

Hi there,

I’m new to fiverr and just purchased my first gig - posters and flyers for a dance class. The seller was a level 2 seller with a load of fabulous reviews. I provided her with all of the necessary content for the poster and flyers which included email and telephone number as they need to be on them. Is this not allowed? It’s crucial that i have contact info on my posters and flyers. A few hours later the gig was cancelled by fiverr and I received a message to say the seller was removed and a note saying the reason was “Due to a notice received by our Risk Management team regarding their activity on Fiverr”. I would love any information about this as i’m still trying to understand how to use fivver.

I recommend before placing an order to see their response rate to see if communication is fast. This is a real necessity when it comes to design in particular because this requires pixel perfect work. Cheers, Keep buying and Buyers like you with questions is what makes Fiverr a great place!

Did you send your contact information along with all the other information for a dance class, the write up, photos you wanted used or anything like that? Or did you just send your name and phone number in a separate message?

If you sent it in a separate message that might be an issue, but I am also willing to bet that this seller was maybe not doing things on the up and up, because one thing like this would not get a seller removed like that. I am guessing they had a few people doing that. If it was really anything that YOU did, you would have gotten your account banned as well or something.

By the way, just to clarify, did you actually buy the gig, and then send your email and phone number after you purchased it, or did you do that before?

The main reason why fiverr has the rule about contacts in place is to prevent users from dealing with money related transactions outside of fiverr. After all, fiverr provides a platform where users connect to each other, so they have the right to earn from this.

However, some jobs cannot be done without contact details, as the job cannot be completed without. Imagine if you need business cards designed and you need your name, address and phone / email contact on the card. It would not work without contact details. Same for posters or even in my case with press releases. Without full contacts I would not be able to submit it to the right places as it’s a requirement.

However, to be honest, I would not even think about doing jobs outside of fiverr because fiverr means you are protected if something goes wrong. That said, I see the fees as a level of protection and for maintaining this great platform.

However, I do suggest never to post any contact details prior ordering a gig and also if it is not required for the gig or else you will feel the punishment hammer - and that for a reason 🙂

Reply to @madmoo: Hi madmoo!
Thanks for the reply, not long later the seller approached me via email with an alternative a/c so i think they’re dodge and it was coincidental. I didn’t send them any information prior to ordering and paying for the gig so will definitely take your feedback on and contact them prior to undertaking any work from them.

I’ve had some really wonderful feedback from people like yourself on here so thank you, i’ll continue to use and trust this wonderful platform.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Reply to @sincere18: Hi Sincere 18 :),

I did send all of the information in one email, along with previous posters I had used as an example which also had all of the contact info. I had also bought and paid for the gig prior to providing any information. Fiverr and refunded the funds. I did actually get an email from the seller not long after posting this via the email with an alternative a/c so i think they’re dodge and it was just coincidental.

I’ve had some really wonderful feedback from people like yourself on here so thank you, i’ll continue to use and trust this wonderful platform.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Reply to @presseditor: Hi Press Editor!
Thanks for your comment, i really appreciate it. I was quite confused and wondering in this day and age of modern technology what people would have done without any contact details! I actually received an email from the seller not long after posting this via the email account I had provided with an alternative a/c for them so i think fiverr were onto them being dodge and it was just coincidental.

Reply to @fancypantzgc: No problem at all. Life is always about common sense. If contact details are required for a job, then it’s allowed. If it is just to get around fees, it’s not okay. What we all need to remember is that fiverr enables us to meet people to work with and to get work done relatively affordable, so it’s important to ensure they benefit from it by charging fees. So in the end it’s all about fairness and making sure everybody gets the most out of it 🙂

Archived