I am relatively new to Fiverr. Where is my work? Deadline passed! Never heard from the seller?

gankan

Placed an ad for work! Seller applied among others. Choose this seller, send all the requested details, never heard anything from the seller irrespective of asking for progress. Now the deadline is passed still not heard anything. Not only I didn’t get my work done but also lost 3 days?. Is this typical Fiverr culture? How frustrating is this? Anyone else had similar issue?

Hi!
Welcome to Fiverr forums.
No, this is not ‘typical Fiverr culture’ and yes this can get very frustrating.
You should contact your seller and ask for an update on the order.
Maybe the seller is about to finish it but got late on delivery?
Nevertheless, the seller should be in good communication with you regarding the order.

I am sorry this had happened to you.
Try communicating with the seller, if that doesn’t work out, you can cancel the order through support.

Thanks. The seller never responded or responding. The issue is not getting a refund but reliability and accountability. What does fiverr does with this kind of sellers who make a bad impression and undermining the services provided by some very talented sellers, I hope.

Reply to @gankan: If the seller is not responding to you, you should contact support and ask for help.
It is frustrating indeed.
What you could have done is messaged the seller if the seller is willing to do the job.
Check the response rate of the seller and the average response time. Maybe you could have gone with a person who responds faster?

Anyway, I’m sorry this happened to you.
I’m not sure what Fiverr does regarding this but you should report this issue to Customer Support.

Reply to @funkygfx: You have raised a good point. FYI: Interestingly when the seller applied for the work I asked for more details about the seller at 16:23 on JUNE 23. The seller responded with full details within an hr. at 17:17 on JUNE 23. I placed the order at 17.58. That is it. Since then never heard anything. Thanks for your advise. Much appreciated.

Reply to @madmoo: Thanks for the support and advice.

The issue is not getting a refund but reliability and accountability. New buyers like me losing confident in the system. Fiverr should take proactive steps to stop this kind of thing happening for the sake of rest of the talented selle

Reply to @gankan: Don’t let this hurt your reputation of this incredible platform. As they say “There are always black sheeps in the herd” There will always be a unprofessional seller which unfortunately you may have got, but in reality there are tons of professional fast communicative sellers. Hope I clarified your fears.

Guest voicetex

Reply to @gankan: Sorry to hear of your bad experience. The seller seems to have a good response culture - he responded fairly quickly to your initial request.
In that case not hearing anything from either my Seller or Buyer might indicate that
a) Fiverr messed up (and yes, unfortunately that happens)
Could be that the Seller has not been informed of your order. There was an update with the new Dashboard and I’ve heard from a few Sellers that it’s not showing what it’s supposed to show.
b) Something happened to Seller “in real life”. Drastic possibility: they had a car accident and are in no condition to answer or word on your project.

I’m really now painting a bleak picture here, but you can actually never know. Try contacting the Seller again and they might answer you when they’re back.

Reply to @voicetex: Sorry this is not a fiction to create a drama out of a breached agreement.
Fact 1: The seller responded to boast about her experience to sell the gig to me
Fact 2: If this is fiverr technical issue, then this make me very concerned as how can a buyer confidently place an order? and will not know until the deadline as to if his/her work will be completed or not? as in my case its 3 days. In some gigs it may take 10-15 days to know if this work will be done or not?

Reply to @gankan: It sounds like you need to go back to communicating with Customer Support rather than complaining on the forum. Some of the issues you are bringing up (like the technical issues) cannot be resolved by other buyers and sellers who read the forum. I wish you luck with the situation.

Hi, this has happened to me recently. Seller mentions a death in the family and needed an extra day (which was late to begin with) so, I didn’t mind. Of course, I’m not heartless, and will grant anyone time. I had another excellent seller mention the same thing few weeks ago, but he came through after a couple of days. This time around, I haven’t heard anything from this seller for over 3 days now.

The bad thing about the whole deal is, when she sent me the message through the order page, Fiverr marked the order complete. I didn’t understand. I still don’t! The whole conversation is there and no files were sent, and yet, Fiverr pulls that stunt. It’s not the first time Fiverr has done this to me. Luckily, most of my sellers are honest. Even though the orders were marked as complete/delivered, (honest) late sellers still came through in a day or two.

I don’t know what to do. I already sent a message to Fiverr. I got a message on the request page to check my email to verify the request. No such email/verification code came through…

John

Reply to @fonthaunt: Thank you. My intention is not complaining in the forum, but to get input from people who had similar experience and how they sorted it out. Also the sellers can learn from buyers experience. In this case it highlights the importance of regular communication with buyers. Forums are to discuss issues to find solutions.

Reply to @ja24west: Thank you for sharing your experience. Like you pointed out if the seller would have asked for time or communicated I would have given plenty of time with reasons. It’s now 7 days have passed and never heard anything from the seller after the order was placed. Brought this to the attention of Fiverr support, they refunded and ignored the rest. From your and my experience, it’s clear that Fiverr doesn’t care about buyer satisfaction and are just after their commission. I checked the seller reviews and there is no red flag or black mar and it looks like the seller got away with it.

I am sorry about your loss. I truly am. My confidence of trust in here has just dropped a few degrees lower.

I think I just happened to have bad luck since the middle of June. Hopefully things will change.

Well, we and many others can just use unfortunate experiences to be more wise in the future and excel in this game. I wish you the best of luck if you plan on sticking around.

My partners are livid with this place, but I have more tolerance. Plus, I have developed a good repertoire with some very good writers and wish to continue doing business with them. I hope you find yourself a great batch of sellers and everyone prospers.

Take care and good luck!

Sincerely,
John

Reply to @gankan: I’m not trying to give you a hard time, but I noticed something you said that is kind of ironic and I thought I’d point this out. You said that when you had problems with a seller that you:

gankan said: Brought this to the attention of Fiverr support, they refunded
so that means you got your money back. Fiverr didn't get a commission and the seller didn't get paid. Then you said:
gankan said: Fiverr doesn't care about buyer satisfaction and are just after their commission

While Fiverr is indeed in business to make money, in this case they sided with you, the buyer, by giving your money back. They made no commission. It seems to me that they did what they could to help you. Perhaps there is something I am missing.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived