Gig Requests

plapic

Sellers need to actually read requests before offering their service. I posted a request specifying the location of where the gig needs to take place and yet every response I got were from sellers in other countries. After I had replied to each seller asking them to READ the request again suddenly they realised they could not proceed. One seller replied back saying “I thought I could do the gig online”. Yeh? Really? If that was the case I would have done it myself.

I’m afraid this highlights the level of expertise and professionalism of sellers as low to non existent.

I don’t disagree with you on most of your post. There are plenty of sellers who are desperate for work and will try anything to gain buyers. On the other hand, I can’t say that

plapic said: low to non existent
is accurate. I buy and sell and this hasn’t been true for me. The only other thing I would add is that when looking for someone in a small region, Fiverr is a tougher place to find that type of thing. There may be classified ad sites that would be better for that. Fiverr is global and competition is heavy. Gigs that require some special expertise but can be done online tend to be easier to find.

Agree with @fonthaunt.

Also, in the interests of being a professional yourself, please note that leaving a message in the Sellers forum, blanket-addressing all of us as lacking expertise and professionalism is, for lack of a better word, unprofessional. More than anything else, speaking this way reflects poorly on you.

It’s important to recognize that the Buyers Requests portion of Fiverr generally attracts a few distinct Seller-types:

• those who are brand-new and have little to no sales, or
  • those who are established but experiencing a lull in sales

The most popular Sellers for many categories often won’t be on the Buyers Request section because, frankly, they’re too busy filling orders. This doesn’t mean that you can’t find excellent, high-quality Sellers by posting a request, but it’s something to be mindful of.

Hope you’ve since found someone who can take care of your needs.

Perfect!

david388 said: Also, in the interests of being a professional yourself, please note that leaving a message in the Sellers forum, blanket-addressing all of us as lacking expertise and professionalism is, in for lack of a better word, unprofessional in itself and reflects poorly on you.

It’s important to recognize that the Buyers Requests portion of Fiverr generally attracts a few distinct Seller-types:
- those who are brand-new and have little to no sales, or
- those who are established but experiencing a lull in sales

The most popular Sellers for many categories often won’t be on the Buyers Request section because, frankly, they’re too busy filling orders. This doesn’t mean that you can’t find excellent, high-quality sellers by posting a request, but it’s something to be mindful of.

However, If this is the OP’s first experience on Fiverr, he might be frustrated by the response he got. I can boldly say that Fiverr is a nice place to get something done fast without breaking your card. Unfortunately, most sellers, especially the “New Sellers” who are eager to get sales won’t read the full message before they respond. Should i blame the sellers who responded to your request? NO! Despite the fact that you stated the preferred region in the request, the construction of your request might not indicate clearly the reasons why you need people from that particular region. And since almost everything here is done remotely, sellers might send their offers to see if they can help you.
I hope you’ll still come here to commend the level of experts of some sellers after your successful business dealings.

Plapic
You are absolutely right.
I asked for a service specifying the experience that they should have to provide the gig from the seller. I got 13 responses and only 2 had the similar experience. Among the other 11 or so sellers were well established in their offerings

Archived