What happens If I need to go on vacations but I still have orders to deliver?

bleachedsharona

Hi I just checked out your profile and first I want to tell it’s a word thank you 🙂 thank you for your professionalism and for making fiverr better place.

What will happen if you didn’t deliver the order on time they will be late and buyers can cancel the order and leave you negative feedback so you can message them and tell that you need a vacation you can agree to deliver sample work with text that you will finish the work when you will back I think it’s better to deliver something to them so when you will back you can continue with

Since vacations of this type can be planned, it is much better to stop taking orders before your vacation date, or to finish your orders in advance and then set your delivery times long enough to fill orders when you return. If you can’t do that, your second best option is usually to offer mutual cancellation, and again, I would start doing that at least 3 days before your departure in case there are problems.

You can message your buyers to let them know of the situation and ask if they want to keep their orders open even though they will run late. The big issue with this is that once the late period goes past a day or two, the buyer can auto-cancel which will refund them and leave you with a 1 star automatic rating. This can kill your business.

As to this:

darrendesign said: you can agree to deliver sample work with text that you will finish the work when you will back I think it's better to deliver something to them so when you will back you can continue

Yes, you can try this and some buyers will agree. You need to know that delivering empty (including incomplete deliveries) is technically against Fiverr ToS and that can turn bad for you. I'm not saying not to do it - many people do and have no issues - but if it ends up badly Fiverr is not going to back you up. So, next time you want to plan a vacation or a retreat or whatever, I would advise you to get orders filled first.

The last thing you want to do is leave those orders. Certainly, you can write to your clients and express that you have something you need to tend to and if it would be ok to delay the work a few days, but, the orders will go into Late status, and then Very Late status, which will possibly affect your ability to level up, and your position in the rankings when you come back. Also, even though people may agree to “wait”, some may not and will just click the cancel button, which will effectively kill your rating here on Fiverr. Depending on how many of these open orders you have, I would do everything possible to get them done, or at least make sure you get an ok with clients to work on them when you get back.

How long is your vacation going to be?

GG

Archived