Promote yourself in a friendly & not spammy way

sirtaco

All of us wants to sell. That’s why we are here. But sometimes, this desire becomes annoying for other people.

Personally, my Facebook feed had become full of people “begging” for you to take a look at their gig.

That’s why I decided to write down a few tips, as a salesperson in a certain Car Dealership in my country (And as a new Fiverr seller, of course).

First of all, define your crowd (your potential buyers).

You need to understand that posting a link to a Fiverr programming-related gig in musicians’ Facebook pages will not get you more sales.

Second, show your experience before asking people to buy. You are a new Fiverr seller, with 0% sales-rating, people will not buy from you unless they are sure you can be trusted. Suggest people to take a look at your Portfolio, Youtube channel, Linkedin page and so on.

Third, Know the limits of yourself. If you cannot make through the time you said you would, say it to your buyer, and if necessary - return the money even before he asks. Trust me - some of them will be happy to give you more time, if they’ll see that you think of them and care for them.

I will be posting a lot more seller tips using my real life experience, so be sure to check it out 🙂

Thanks for reading.

sirtaco said: If you cannot make through the time you said you would, say it to your buyer, and if necessary - return the money even before he asks. Trust me - some of them will be happy to give you more time, if they'll see that you think of them and care for them.

Sure to this, I do suggest refund to buyers, and at the long run, most of them give me more time than i had expected

What people don’t realise is that most on the forum check out profiles by clicking on a user’s name. Just by being on the forum you’re having people look at your gigs.

The funny thing is that when someone spams, people instantly ignore them. They’d have gotten more profile views if they’d just chatted normally and tried to help out. Ironic. 🙂

Archived