How do you select which buyer requests to respond to? [FEEDBACK WANTED]

twistedweb123

Guest wowyou

Hi - I’m happy to see that some of the suggestions here have now been implemented. I love that there are now columns for Budget and Duration. I also really appreciate the simplicity of the buyer requests area altogether. I don’t think we want to complicate it too much. At the moment it is pretty near perfect except for one thing…

If there can be a way for sellers to track their offers it would be great. Currently if a buyer contacts me after I have submitted an offer, there is no way to see what the offer was. This would be very nice.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The funniest thing is I just got serious with the buyers request section. I target request lower than 10 if possible. Though am a new seller but being on other platform, the request should be increased or if possible not limited(though have a downside). Also some sort of measurement should be in place whereby, seller can see the rate of buyers before sending them request.

I would be skeptical of those requests that look the similar to others. Makes me wonder if its the same buyer trying a scam. I also was making a bid to a request. When I clicked the link to see the file it took me to another page that looked like Fiverr but it asked me for my Username and PW. I notified CS but havent gotten a reply.

Also whats up with those Buyer Requests offer services? Those so called ‘Buyers’ should get investigated

Reply to @iffatnafees:

Do not worry my friend. You are doing better. At least better than me. Just stick on it and try doing something new- improving your gigs, pictures, communication with buyers etc. And language skill is necessary for better communication but you don’t need to be a PhD on that. Rather concentrate on your skills.

Guest smartgroup02

I think a buyer’s request is very good to start. I often send "OFFER” basing on requirements below:

1. You should keep track of buyer’s requests within some days to determine when most of buyer’s requests are sent. From my personal experience, it is usually 8-9 AM and 7-10 PM. If you send offer at these time, I am sure that you will be in top 5 of the first seller sending offer.
  2. You need to know what the buyer want, for example ”looking illustrator for books”, “drawing portrait” and so on. If their requests match with your gig title, let send your offer.
  3. You should ask yourself ”Can I do that?”. Your abilities need to suit requests.
  4. You never assess artworks before the buyer contact with you. Because you should know full information of artworks that the buyer asks, a marked price will is sometime cheaper or more expensive than true value of artworks.
    Well, I think it’s work with me.

Things i am doing with buyer request:
1- look for offers matched with your skill of course
2- check online status of buyer. usually online buyers respond quickly
3- look for top rated buyer.
4- look for buyer profile completeness. if you got display pic, facebook attached, it means they are serious buyer and spend time on fiverr
5- always check buyer country time. don’t post at night, always post in working hours.

these are some tips that i am using to get some buyers. but honestly speaking buyer request section is not the right place for growing sellers.

For me, I’m not deterred by the number of offers, may be because I like competition (lol) and I have had occasion where i dropped my offers with over 70 already existing offers and got the jobs. But am very choosy when responding to requests and so I have never exhausted my allocation. I think if there is a way to filter out sellers posting gig adverts in the buyer request section would be super!

When is open Buyer request section. what i see. there is lots of seller’s requests Eg. I will do logo for your company for $4. what is this? Fiverr Team Should take steps against these peoples. Buyer request option created for buyers not for sellers.
Also its wastage of time because before submit any offer. we have to read full description. This is out of the way. and i personally think there is an option of rejection as well. then we can see how many active offers which is liked by buyer. one thing more. may be fiverr can increase the number of offer. now we can only add 10. it should be 15 or more for a day.

Fiverr has included a great option of budget and that really gives me a clear idea that the whether the buyer is a potential one or just a time waster who wants a quality work for free. I only respond to potential offers but one thing I instead on writing LIKE OTHERS " I will do this job for you. Please hire me and I will not disappoint you" write a very professional proposal and normally choose custom offer as it allows me more word count for the proposal. I know that potential client is not looking for a 2 line proposal , they are looking for some professional attitude. I would love if they include a option of attaching your samples while sending your proposal. This will allow us to stand out of those time waste offers by some sellers who want to make shortcut money

1 - What makes me decide to bid on an offer is the budget initially and the request itself. Offers is not that much important for me. With the right solution / offer you’ll get at least considered for discussions.

2 - What I’d like to see is a more straight request statement, like we do to our gigs. So, the buyer should submit something like : I want to … (with a limited amount of words). That way it will be a clear and understandable need from the first look. Then give some details on a toggle box if the request happen to be interesting for the seller.

A mention of if the budget is negotiable or not. Sometimes, buyers tend to push their luck too much … wanting to execute complex things for $5. Serious sellers knowing that this kind of tasks will need more that a certain amount should know if the buyer is open for negotiation rather than waste time and energy bidding in something locked.

Another potential improvement is to limit high budget bids to a certain level on fiverr. I’d propose :

• New sellers : up to $25.
  • Level 1 : up to $100.
  • Level 2 : up to $500.
  • Top sellers : unlimited.

A bit more complex approach would be to use a multiplier of the level * current rating 🙂
Here’s the idea : have a coefficient for each level multiplied with the current rating.

• New sellers : coef. 5 * rating (1 - 5) makes it up to $25.
  • Level 1 : coef. 20 * rating (1 - 5) makes it up to $100.
  • Level 2 : coef. 100 * rating (1 - 5) makes it up to $500.
  • Top sellers : unlimited.

That way, you’ll be sure to give only qualified and serious sellers to high budget requests.

Another improvement on the buyers row would be the buyers rating and the country.

I know it’s sad what I’m about to say … but some countries are known for having a very low requests / acceptances ratio. Most of the buyers are actually sellers. They’re looking either for doing jobs cheaper in order to make a profit by intermediation OR trying to get the right solutions to present to their customers, which makes each bidder a free consultant for something that they’ll never have a real chance to execute.

As a serious buyer I had some good and some bad experience with the request feature. I requested two separate gigs. One for 3D models and one for HTML help. On the 3D models, I received 22 responses, most of them seemed serious sellers. Interviewed 8 of them, selected 4 for a small test gig to check them out and finally selected one for my main project (complex project) and it turned out very good. On the HTML gig, I wasn’t so lucky. Most of the buyers seemed flaky, with 80% not even reading my request and just responding “I can do the job”. I will continue using the feature, but after reading the comments here on this thread, I’m thinking the serious sellers are not entering the game and I’m better off cherry picking.
Thoughts?

Archived