How do you select which buyer requests to respond to? [FEEDBACK WANTED]

twistedweb123

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I often look to the buyer requests on my phone. There is no option to leave a message there. I don’t like that. That being said, when I am looking through the buyer requests, I look for “Dutch” and “French”. I have a very limited amount of buyers because of my type of gigs so I submit offers whenever I can to whoever I can.

I do agree with the comment above about the original request and my offer showing when the buyer contacts you. Quite often I will submit an offer and when the buyer eventually gets in touch I can’t always remember what they requested or how much I quoted. Especially if they just respond with something like “how long will this work take you?”.

Also the option of adding a message from the phone app when responding to offers would be good. I often find myself jumping between the app and browser on my phone when I see an offer I want to reply to because I don’t like sending an offer without a personal message.

Add a NEW RESPONSE - DECLINE vs REJECTION (being a “negative” remark from Buyer. I also received Seller messages that were poorly written and off-putting, but upon reviewing their FIVERR profile / offerings / samples, I could see some Benefits in working with them.

I just send my first offer 🙂 I see a lot of things I could cater for in buyers request, but am just too shy to write offers. But this prompt seemed interesting, well worded and couldn’t resist trying to get the job. Yes, I chose a request simply because it was interesting, something I wouldn’t feel bad if I had to work a little extra for.

Sadly my fiverr portfolio is very limited at the moment, as I haven’t really been active promoting… that’s one reason they might choose someone else with more things in their portfolio.

Reply to @seofanatics:

I agree with ‘seofanatics’ (about how it doesn’t yield results like before etc.) and ‘emasonwrites’ to add new features:

A “report spam” feature

A feature that shows more "buyer/requester information or details) such as how many requests a buyer “submits vs. how much they select/order” so if a buyer is always submitting requests but not ordering/selecting offers, then sellers can see the bad vs. good ratio’s.

add “top buyer badge” to requester if applicable or “top requester” or have a ranking system. (This will make if easy for sellers to see who’s more serious).

Anything else?

-FiverGraphics5

I respond to the ones that are in my specific categories and also respond to BUYERS, not SELLERS trying to spam and RUIN THE BUYER REQUEST SECTION!!! UGH, just some respect and marketing ethics is all it takes. Fiverr should post an article about SPAM and MARKETING the RIGHT WAY!

DTong (TRS)

I’m sure this has already been touched on in this feed, but it seems to me that especially in the past few months, the ‘buyer request’ section has become a place for sellers to advertise their services. When I go to that section, as a seller, I want to actually see real buyers who are looking for someone to work on their particular project. I don’t want to see page after page of ‘I will edit anything’ or ‘I am in search of something to write’. Should sellers even be able to post to the ‘Buyer Request’ section? I’ve not tried to do that myself so I’m not sure how that works, but I just know that when I first joined back in January, that was a great way to bid on actual projects, and now it’s become a place for desperate sellers to plea for jobs.

Just my two cents. 🙂

Until recently, when I reviewed my Offers Sent, I could tell which of my offers were still open. Offers that were completed or deleted had a line drawn through them. Now the line is no longer there and is replaced with a mouseover pop-up telling me that the request has been deleted. Yet it remains intact in my list of Sent Offers. I now have to manually scroll through the entire list to view each offer’s status. Please explain how this behavior is an improvement to the Buyer Request feature…

Today I send out my first Offer on one of the buyer requests. At first I skipped the ones with more than 10 Offers, but after reading the thread here I consider looking at the requests again. It’s sad that the system there is broken so bad 😦
I think the main problem here is the language barrier and the fact that people are not really read what is written on their screen.

We already have many great, not that greedy, people here on fiverr. I wish fiverr would have some volunteers who can clean up some of the buyer requests - I would even do this by myself. In the end this would help everyone.

Sellers would see this as an actual tool to get new buyers.
And buyers have a chance again to get more serious offers.

• Just my thoughts

Well, Buyer Requests feature is not limited to Level1/2 or Top sellers. I feel even a newbie can win the deal. Everything depends on the request made and the response proposed.

I usually avoid requests -

1. Incomplete or insufficient requirements (e.g. want a logo for my business), such buyers seems not be very serious about the order or they are in hurry.
  2. No clear intentions. Buyer requests are designed to request for custom orders to get in touch with new sellers (as most of the buyers prefer repeating the sellers once they like one). Buyers have different priorities like Money(cheaper), Time (quickness), Quality (skilled & proficient sellers only)

I like requests -

1. Proper request stated with clear intentions.
  2. Priorities defined well (Money/Time/Quality)
  3. Check if buyer is online, if so, there are chances that your proposal can be reviewed by buyer.

• 1 month later...

Archived