Top Buyer Badge

natalieab

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have read the above comments and I understand why some may consider this a superfluous addition - yet when you think about it, it really is quite helpful. As a seller, I want to know that my client is reputable and dependable, the same way they want to know that I am an honest seller. If a first time buyer sends me a message that veers a little away from my base gig offerings, though is still in the same ballpark, I look a little closer when they have the crown - and will most likely send a custom offer as I know this is a buyer who has worked the system and knows what they want. It adds peace of mind that you are working with professionals as opposed to ‘difficult’ buyers. There are, obviously, ways this tag an be worked around, but it’s a step in protecting sellers. Thank you.

Had a bad experience with top buyer once. The badge doesn’t mean a thing to me anymore. Spent almost a week on a gig trying to satisfy him, loved hitting “modification required” even though it was completely different stuff that he didn’t ask at first. And one more thing - he responded once in 24 hours, so I made a change and had to deliver again to wait for 24 hours so he will check and request another modification… I wrote to customer support and exactly that day he accepted order and left me positive feedback

So it was the first time I encountered a “Top Buyer” this week, I was all so “giddy” about actually having a conversation with one as I was expecting that she/he will pay well and it would be a pleasure to do work for him/her. Unfortunately, things went the other way… She/he wanted me to do so much for $5, which is really out of what I’ve mentioned in my gig description… Well I didn’t want to be an overworked mule so I honestly told the person I wouldn’t do it for that amount, you’ll have to order more gigs or check my extras. And afterwhich, I never heard from him/her again… (I don’t really mind hearing from the person again, really. haha!)

So I guess the Top Buyer badge really just means how much you’ve spent on Fiverr?? I was expecting more from the requirements to be a Top Buyer… But ahh, oh well. I guess that’s that.

Guest overnightdesign

Just got this feature!! - Is it normal that I only got it today considering it says in the first post this was introduced back in June?

Anyway, thank you so much for this. It’s really nice to know which are top buyers even though I treat everyone the same way.

Its really Helpful…

Sheriff’s Note: I doubt you meant the post saying it was helpful since you have no gigs and posted only an off-Fiverr link. I don’t advise that you do this again, these forums are indeed moderated. If you get your account banned and someday you want to buy or sell here, the SPAM brand may follow you.

• 3 weeks later...

It is a very good idea, but man, I had a few Top Buyers that try to squeeze the life out of you for the $5. And funny enough, a couple of them are not Top Buyers any more. What period does it take into consideration for the top buyer status? I’d assume it’s 30 days?

This is really help to work with great buyers and to find out who they are.
I am waiting for boost of order on my seo gig and I think top rated mind will help me

Archived