Gig Video Size? Width & Height? Resolution?

jackfoster

I did a search and did not find a clear answer about this.

I am a seller here at fiverr and I would like to know the exact;
Gig Video Size? Width & Height? Resolution?

I wrote to fiverr support and they never got back to me about this, and as far as I can see nobody has a clear correct answer about this.

I did a video for my gig description and when I watch it on my PC it’s top quality, uploaded to fiverr as a gig description video, and the video has lost a lot of quality and looks very blurred. Pointless to have it there at that quality.

does anyone know a clear answer to this?

Thank you
Jack.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

still not resolved! does anyone who has a good solution to this?

It should be larger than 720p (For the sake of quality) in a size of 16:9 ratio.

Anything in that ratio above the size - 816x459.

I upload mine at 1280x720.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I had same problem. If you did video edit by adobe premiere pro, then I have solution. please before export your video check first sequence setting and then your video showing display it’s correct or not? then export please your problem will be solve I hope, because fiverr has no specific regulation or width and height. but it’s prefer 1920X1080 and 1080X720. thanks

• Like 12

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As of my gig video description is 1920x1080p and the quality of my videos are untouched. So I think maybe you should try that resolution and see if it might work for you.

It’s changed form when I posted above. I think previews allow up to 1280x720p now. I don’t think it stores up to 1080p - if you upload it at that it will scale it down and store it at 1280x720p.

• Like 8

• 4 months later...

The Resolution 1920X1080 is not a problem. However, the condition is less than 50 MB and the length must be between 75 seconds.

The Resolution 1920X1080 is not a problem.

It’s a problem if you want it to keep that resolution or display that resolution somewhere.

eg. lets say it allowed me to upload an 8K video but then converted it to 720p before it got shown anywhere. Would there any point in uploading it at 8K when it will only get converted to 720p? Same thing for 1080p - it won’t store it at 1080p anywhere - it will get converted to 720p once you upload it. And with the file size limitation, you’re better maximizing the bitrate and using 720p I think (unless for some videos it gets converted better by Fiverr to 720p with a high bitrate 1080p, but depending on duration, 1080p uploads will limit quality due to bitrate more I think).

If you wanted to use the full 75 seconds, uploading a 1080p video (even though it would get converted by Fiverr to 720p) would be less than the recommended youtube bitrate for 1080p video. eg. 1080p for 75 seconds, at 8 Mbps - the youtube recommended minimum for up to 30 fps, excluding audio would be 75 MB - over Fiverr’s 50 MB limit. Whereas at the recommended min bitrate for 720p - 5 Mbps - it would be around 46.875 MB without audio or just under 50 MB with audio - within Fiverr’s 50 MB limit. So Fiverr currently seems more optimized for 720p uploads - at least if you wanted to use close to the full 75 seconds.

• Like 11

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

quality shouldn't be a problem. i think fiverr doesn't re-encodes the video as they already gave a limit of 50MB so they doesn't have to re-encode the video. I am also having a problem only about resolution. The problem is I am trying to upload a video of 720p or 1080p which is standard 16:9 ratio but the thumbnail in search results gets stretched. IDK why they just doesn't make it standard aspect ratio. 

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, video_wala_baba said:

The problem is I am trying to upload a video of 720p or 1080p which is standard 16:9 ratio but the thumbnail in search results gets stretched. IDK why they just doesn't make it standard aspect ratio. 

I think it's because they use the same image size as the gig images when they show it on the profile/search results (or something similar) and the aspect ratio for images is around 1.619:1 I think. Because of the cropping and scaling of the video you could turn on the safe area overlay in your editor and make sure everything (including the question mark) is in one of the safe areas (like the title safe one). Or just move the text inwards until it doesn't get cropped.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9

• 4 months later...
On 8/10/2020 at 2:13 AM, uk1000 said:

It’s changed form when I posted above. I think previews allow up to 1280x720p now. I don’t think it stores up to 1080p - if you upload it at that it will scale it down and store it at 1280x720p.

Thanks for genuine information 

• Like 4