Find out where your time goes

babybear613

If you’re like me, you find it difficult to get your day started. You spend your day doing what you assume was work only to find it’s time for bed and you don’t feel like you’ve gotten nearly anything you wanted to done.

Well, yesterday I installed this program called RescueTime and, again I’ve only used this for a day, but I’ve found it really helpful to just make a note of where I’m spending my time and be able to realize what I find important and where I could better reallocate my time.

I just think this is a really helpful tool because even if you’re keeping time on yourself, it’s easy to think, “Oh, I didn’t spend that much time on Facebook” and not record it. This program keeps track of everything for you - for free, I will add.

I think my favorite part, though, is that you can set goals for yourself. For instance you can say you want to spend less than 1 hr a day on Facebook and at least 2 hrs a day reading references and learning. And then it will tell you how you are progressing towards your goal during the day.

I haven’t found anything quite like this with all of the time keeping apps that I have and I just like the functionality of it. There are options to upgrade to a premium account and keep track of additional business-like things but I find the free account is giving me everything that I need for the time being.

Check it out for yourself and it might make a big difference for you, too!

RescueTime.com

Archived