Good News Sellers!

kevinwil

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I have a question here. With EFD (Extra Fast Deliveries) bought on an extra, when you put the gig into dispute i.e offer a mutual cancellation that timer does not stop. Had to do this yesterday and the clock kept ticking. 😕

Another change:

"Now you can ask buyers for a mutual cancellation after the order is complete."

Question though, Will the order be cancelled and the funds returned to buyer automatically after two days (just like a regular mutual cancellation) or only when the buyer agrees to your cancellation?

Great updates.

I have a problem with my second Gig. The buyer bought it then requested a TON of stuff more than the Gig listed. When I said it was far too much for the Gig he offered me $15. I don’t want anything to do with anyone that is going to mess me up on this site - it’s terrific!

Do I have to just let it expire or can I cancel it now? I am so new and don’t want anything to ruin my rating or mess me up.

Thanks for any help.

Guest tn5rr2012

“Now you can ask buyers for a mutual cancellation after the order is complete.” I am a little confused why would would a buyer and/or the seller want to cancel an order after it is completed? Doesn’t that kind of defeat the purpose of why we all offer our gigs. You have already delivered the product to the client, why cancel? then they are getting it for free… someone help me out here as I do believe once again I am late for class…

Reply to @madmoo: I think they introduced this to avoid Customer Support has to remove some order after feedbacks are given.

It could be good, but as you correctly tell me

madmoo said: I can just see some buyers getting their goods then trying it on.

I don't know, I appreciate the fact that Fiverr is listening to our concerns and tries to fix them.. but there are too many we are waiting for and this last one wasn't on the top of the list.

How many times did you read on forum sellers asking for a "refuse order" or a "don't want to be contacted anymore from a specific user" or more "don't want to receive orders from a specific user".
Not to mention the fact that mutual cancellations we have for some seller's error (ordered by mistake, ordered without reading gig description, ordered without providing instructions) shouldn't be considered for Levels eligibility.

Many requests are still pending... I hope (I want to hope :D) that Fiverr is working in that direction!!! 🙂

Guest soldierdollar

I don’t agree with the last update. Why should we cancel a delivered order? Probably because the buyer is threatening a negative feedback and the seller being nervous, is “humbly willing” to pay the $5 ransom for the blackmail

Reply to @madmoo: Haven’t tried it yet, but I don’t think buyers can cancel after delivery. Only sellers can.

"Now you can ask buyers for a mutual cancellation after the order is complete."

Which is huge when you happen to receive a negative (not assuming of course).

Just my perspective… Do correct me if I’m wrong.

I do agree about getting the cancellation option to be removed once positive feedback has been left.

Reply to @kevinwil: speaking of cancellations, it seems that trying to force cancel very old orders doesn’t work - instead the cancellation message becomes a regular message and the order is still pending instructions… the only thing that works is the request cancellation 😦

Awesome news! Some of us have been requesting this for months! I will still be hesitant about cancelling however. I agree with OldBittyGrandma with regards to waiting it out or contacting the seller. If they stagnate for a few months, then I will take advantage of the new feature!

This is fabulous, thank you for doing this and giving more control to the sellers! You have no idea how often I am forced to contact customer service because buyers place orders and try to practically bully me into things I do not/will not provide. Yay! 🙂

• 1 month later...

@kevinwil - What about those orders in which buyer excuse and ask to mutually cancel the order and give reasons like these:

– i order by mistake
– I did not mean to order this. Sorry.
– did not see delivery time, i cannot wait such long
– did not read gig description properly, sorry my bad!
– change my mind, do not need this service anymore, sorry
– you are offering less then what other fiver sellers offer, don’t want to continue

In all the above reasons there is no fault at sellers end. Yet they have to face the LEVEL DROP. WHY???

Few days ago my LEVEL 2 and LEVEL 1 dropped because of high cancellation rate.

But in my canceled orders there are over 90% orders in which buyers give such excuse which i written above. (P.S: i contacted Support and they refused to review my orders in which fault is entirely from buyer end)

So WHAT is MY (or any sellers) FAULT in this ISSUE.

This is the biggest issue we all face in Fiverr.

@kevinwil What is your response on this matter?

I am anxiously waiting to hear a good answer (from Fiverr Support).

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @bitbyteworld: don’t bother… I and many around here have been telling them the same thing for years, but we never saw any improvements on this matter whatsoever, and we’ll probably never see them 😦 

The only thing that could help a bit is to edit your description to specify that you want to be messaged first before a buyer orders your gig, but still, most buyers won’t even read the description 😦 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m still dreaming of that day when I would be able to say “No problem!” to buyers who order by mistake and ask for a cancellation 😦 But for now, it’s definitely a problem for sellers to have buyers who order by mistake, and God forbid there are so many buyers ordering by mistake!! :(( This practically screams “bad Fiverr user experience design”

Archived