Collecting Jobs Outside Fiverr.......Is The Risk Worth Taking?

Guest jennifer_cork

Guest jennifer_cork

@kim_talented : Yes, you are right. Fiverr does provide opportunities for multiple gigs and even if there is a guarantee of getting paid and getting away with it, I would NEVER do it; not after all the advice. I turned down another buyer a couple of hours back. I was polite but I didnt get to hear from the buyer again…no probs. I am cool with it!

Thanks dear.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jennifer_cork

@kim_talented : Yes, you are right. Fiverr does provide opportunities for multiple gigs and even if there is a guarantee of getting paid and getting away with it, I would NEVER do it; not after all the advice. I turned down another buyer a couple of hours back. I was polite but I didnt get to hear from the buyer again…no probs. I am cool with it!

Thanks dear.

Guest jennifer_cork

Thanks dear.

Guest jennifer_cork

@cust0mcr3ationz : One thing about these buyers is that they do the “lets work outside fiverr” stuff". You dont even have to initiate it; and I wonder why. It does seem suspicious and that is why I brought the matter up in the forum.

To say you guys have helped clarified the issue is an understatement. Thanks alot for your input.

Guest jennifer_cork

@cust0mcr3ationz : One thing about these buyers is that they do the “lets work outside fiverr” stuff". You dont even have to initiate it; and I wonder why. It does seem suspicious and that is why I brought the matter up in the forum.

To say you guys have helped clarified the issue is an understatement. Thanks alot for your input.

Guest jennifer_cork

Guest jennifer_cork

Guest jennifer_cork

Guest jennifer_cork

oldbittygrandma : Yes, you are right. The thought of working outside fiverr does eliminate vulnerability. I just thought of it. Even if the buyer pays upfront, he could still make complains to paypal and get your account limited or banned. Working DIRECTLY with fiverr eliminates all this risk I guess.

I am clarified on this issue now.

Thanks.

Guest jennifer_cork

oldbittygrandma : Yes, you are right. The thought of working outside fiverr does eliminate vulnerability. I just thought of it. Even if the buyer pays upfront, he could still make complains to paypal and get your account limited or banned. Working DIRECTLY with fiverr eliminates all this risk I guess.

Thanks.

Guest jennifer_cork

Thanks.

Guest jennifer_cork

Thanks.

Guest jennifer_cork

Thanks.

The line is always on the safer side. LOL

When you get potential buyers like that, sometimes they say stuff like: “Well, I’d like to work out a deal, maybe you can give me a discount because I’m looking to order so much. They then go on to say that you can’t do that on Fiverr.”.

I simply say… “Sure I can. Just message me the details and we’ll figure something out. You want 10 gigs, so how about you order 8 and I’ll give you 10”. That way you can still negotiate a price and still be on the good side of the proverbial line.

The hard truth is, anyone who’s trying to convince you to work outside Fiverr is doing it for a reason. Usually, there’s something fishy going on. Otherwise, why would they even ask? They’d simply order the gig.

When you get potential buyers like that, sometimes they say stuff like: “Well, I’d like to work out a deal, maybe you can give me a discount because I’m looking to order so much. They then go on to say that you can’t do that on Fiverr.”.

I simply say… “Sure I can. Just message me the details and we’ll figure something out. You want 10 gigs, so how about you order 8 and I’ll give you 10”. That way you can still negotiate a price and still be on the good side of the proverbial line.

The hard truth is, anyone who’s trying to convince you to work outside Fiverr is doing it for a reason. Usually, there’s something fishy going on. Otherwise, why would they even ask? They’d simply order the gig.

Guest tn5rr2012

I have had a few people who have contacted me and want be to do extensive genealogical research for them outside of FIVERR, I very kindly tell them that it is against Fiverr TOS and also most likely they would not be able to afford my private fees for extensive research.

Guest tn5rr2012

I have had a few people who have contacted me and want be to do extensive genealogical research for them outside of FIVERR, I very kindly tell them that it is against Fiverr TOS and also most likely they would not be able to afford my private fees for extensive research.

Archived