What do you do when you get too many orders?

authorjanebnigh

sincere18 said: not necessarily. When you are in business for yourself, you get to choose the kind of projects you want to work with and the clients you want to work with as well.

I totally understand, but you're not in business within yourself, you're in it with Fiverr and by signing up to the website you agreed to their Terms. If you're working independently as a freelancer, you are well within your own legal right to make up your own business Terms, pick and choose projects, etc. However, this is not the case here, as you are Seller on Fiverr.

A few Terms you agreed to as a Seller:

- Sellers are required to meet the delivery time they specified when creating their Gigs. Failing to do so will allow the buyer to cancel the order when an order is marked as late and may harm the seller's rating.

- A Seller may cancel an order without the buyer's consent at any given moment (Force Cancellation). However, this will have a negative effect on the seller's rating.

- Order cancellations, similar to Requesting Modifications for your delivered order, will not be done based on personal taste.

From Fiverr's cancellation policy:

What are valid reasons to cancel my order?

In most cases, Customer Support will advise buyers to further communicate with their sellers with specific comments and pointers on how the seller can help the buyer resolve their issues. However, there are clear indications where cancelling the order is required. Indications that an order may be cancelled by Customer Support may include the following (but not limited to):

Active Orders (after the buyer submits their requirements and before the seller delivers on Fiverr)

- A seller is late and unresponsive.

- A buyer or seller is abusive towards the other party through threats of low ratings or leveraging order materials (such as logins, personal information) against each other.

- A buyer or seller uses copyright/trademark infringing materials.

When you signed up to Fiverr, you agreed to their Terms and Policies. Failure in doing so, you're putting yourself at risk of hurting your ability to achieve and/or stay at any particular level, keep good ratings, etc. Fiverr reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently cancel accounts due to breach of these (Fiverr's) terms or any illegal or inappropriate use of the site or services.

Keep in mind, you can request a mutual cancellation, but a Buyer does not have to accept it. Customer Service cannot force a Buyer to do so, and they will not get involved such this issue arise (and it will). You'll find that a fair amount of Buyer's will deny cancellation because they have serious deadlines and you advertised a service and delivery time. Not to mention, when they accept cancellation, the money doesn't go back to them by the method they paid. It stays right on Fiverr. They should not be forced to take the hit because a Seller cannot manage their time or workload. It's not fair to the Buyer and many of them know that and will express it. Sellers advertise the delivery time on their Gigs and are expected to meet them accordingly.

sincere18 said: By suggesting this is not an acceptable reason, also means you would think that if someone gave you inappropriate content to write or work with that they are not comfortable with that they should just do it?

If you (or any Seller) have limits to what you will or won't do, it must be noted in the Gig description. As long as what a Seller advertises in their Gig online complies with the laws and terms of service of the advertising platform or relevant website used to advertise, it's more than welcome and encouraged by Fiverr that a Seller lay out clear Terms on their Gigs.

Otherwise, if it's not noted (for example: you will not create written content that is adult in nature) and a Buyer orders, you won't have a strong case to cancel. You will be told to work it out with the Buyer by CS. Then, if the Buyer refuses to cancel (because you Gig never stated you didn't do certain work and they have a deadline) and you will not do it, the only way to get it cancelled would be getting CS to do a forced cancellation. This will affect your levels and ratings here on Fiverr.

All you need to do is communicate with each Buyer and let them know you've been receiving a high volume of orders and in the meantime (many will understand). Then, for now, it would be best to extend the delivery times on your Gigs and/or set your vacation mode to "overbooked". Fiverr provides these features for reasons such as these, is your job to utilize them as a Seller.

Congrats again! :)

• 6 months later...

Can i go to “vacation mode” even there’s still 6 orders in progress to prevent incoming buyers? I’m in the same problem like the author of this thread. I tried to pause my gigs for a while but one of them got missing without any notice that’s why i’m pretty scared to do it again.

Any tips here? Any way to stop orders from incoming?

Archived