Change the Positive Rating scale for sellers

zionbar01

Hi fiverr staff and users.

In my profile theres and indication saying " 99% positive rating"

Lowest rating I ever got is 4 stars, and I got it once, and then I had 4.5 stars once, rest of them are 5 stars (about 20 something 5 stars…)

that indication isn’t right. my positive rating is 100%, a 4 star rating is definitely positive, from the indication “99% positive rating” it implies that I got 1% of negative rating, which is absolutely wrong

so either add a definition next to the rating indication, or change it. not only 5 stars is a positive rating.

Some buyers rate at 4.5 or 4 stars simply because they feel like it… they don’t know that a 4 stars rating can ruin your whole rating (which by the way it shouldn’t)

thanks

ok then I think they should change the syntax. or add an explination

kjblynx, you’re a fiverr professional, when a new customer comes to fiverr and sees lets say “95% positive rating” he will understand that there are 5% negative ratings.

Besides people don’t realize how crucial is the rating for sellers…they rate 4 stars and ruin the rating there should be a little bit of explanation for buyers about the consequences of ratings before they rate people

I totally agree that the star system is kind of hard on sellers. I had a lot of orders coming in during February where buyers just went ahead and order without messaging me first as I have requested and because I was new and did not understand the star system I tried to accommodate them and a few of the transcriptions were late and a few cancelled my ratings are now down to 83 and the orders stop coming. I think Fiverr needs to explain the rating system to new sellers so that they will be more aware of the consequences of low ratings and not get trapped as I feel that I am because I tried to be helpful.

I think many people have commented on this since the 5 star system was started and no one at Fiverr seems to have any regard for opinions of sellers or buyers on this topic. The 5 star system is useless overall and will eventually hurt everyone receiving a Fiverr paycheck.

Buyers seeing ratings that make them think someone has negative ratings when the seller really has 4 stars or more is ridiculous. Fiverr is not Amazon and never will be. On the other hand, Amazon has now released a friendly option called Amazon Home services where their customers can get in-person services.

I would imagine Amazon will soon release a digital freelance services as well. When they do, they will make it as friendly for all users - buyers and sellers - as possible. It may cost sellers more than Fiverr does, or maybe buyers will pay more, but Amazon will make it worthwhile. If Fiverr hopes to utilize their name recognition they might want to consider this soon before they are just another dinosaur in the graveyard. Does anyone say “Altavista this…” or “Yahoo this…” or do they say “Google this…”? Yeah…

Guest ricksper
zionbar01 said: a new customer comes to fiverr and sees lets say "95% positive rating" he will understand that there are 5% negative ratings.
Through my eyes I see that 95% of the time, the Seller gets 5 stars. Excellent performance. Star Ratings are much more effective in reading a Seller's performance than Good or No Good.

Archived