'Inbox Me First' Rule - Very Important

tnext54

Hi fellow sellers,

I while ago, I had a buyer who ordered one of my gigs without inboxing me first. The buyer ordered quite impressively that it got my attention (normally I’d ask to cancel the order for violation)…so I decided to go ahead and take on the task.

Little did I know that was the biggest mistake ever! When I was about to deliver, the client vanished from Fiverr (don’t know how) so I couldn’t deliver. It past the delivery deadline and the client was not reachable till like 6 days later of complaining to Fiverr Customer Support he/she decides to show up and write-up a bad review and cancel the order.

What is that, really?..Learnt my lesson. Be careful Fiverr Sellers!!!

I am curious to ask you something. I prefer inbox messages first too, many sellers do not. I wouldn’t cancel an order only for that or use the word violation. I would cancel if I couldn’t work out things with the seller, though. Your situation is distressing and I’m sorry it happened. My question is, even if the buyer had messaged you, he still could have disappeared later and given you a bad review, so how is the inbox thing the critical issue?

Archived