37 detailed tips to optimize your gigs and start selling today

jamesbulls

• 1 month later...

Much thanks for the love, folks 🙂 Also, a bump to say that I added #34 to the end of the list about how to avoid getting played by customers who know the ins and outs of the order system and the mechanics behind it. Long story short, don’t start new work for the same client until old work is marked as finished.

jamesbulls said: If you were doing great but things suddenly dried up, you should try adding some kind of video to your gigs, or else changing the preview picture. I've heard some sellers say that regularly changing the preview video or picture is enough to catch the eyes of buyers who might have overlooked you in the past.

Nice to see people taking the time to write up their thoughts! Changing your content is especially a good one and not just to keep things fresh or to pique the interest of people who didn't notice your gig before.

There may also be buyers who DID click on your gig before because of the image and weren't interested in the rest of it (description, pricing, etc.). If they skim through search again and see the same image come up, they may just remember that it was a gig they ultimately didn't choose.

That means any updates you've made since then will go unnoticed because they're likely not going to click on your gig again to see if anything changed, especially when the image representing it hasn't.

A new image means this buyer who didn't like what you had to offer before might not even know it's the same gig and be drawn to click on it all over again with fresh eyes, only this time, they may like what they see and decide to order. So rotating your stuff definitely has benefits all around!

This is great!

It takes time and attention to make your gigs great. We all love buying from those who offer the best services and customer-support. These tips can help anyone who molds them into a positive Fiverr experience.

Thank you for writing this.

Love this, I started selling on Fiverr back in May and have done decent with it, but haven’t been overly consistent with advertising or overly concerned with making sure I’m using the best format/wording I can for my Gigs. I am putting myself on maternity leave at the end of this week and am glad to read that with crossed fingers I shouldn’t have too many issues putting my work on vacation mode. When I return after having my beautiful bundle of joy I will definitely be taking a new/ more feet to the pavement approach to making sure my gigs are achieving the highest standard/ reach possible.

Reply to @leeannminton: actually from my experience I can tell you that when you pause your gig it is not indexed by google anymore and that might hurt your ranking in google. Also, still from personal experience the longer you have it paused the ranking among other fiverr gigs will drop. Of course, with time and reviews it will get back up, but don’t expect it to be the same when you take the vacation mode off after few months.

just got my level 2 seller badge. now much of what you said i already did and do but a couple things that gave me ideas.

to all the new people that read this. ready it carefully and 3 times if your not sure. He hits the details on the head.

i’ve been following sort of this way to work and 2 months on fiver and level 2 seller.(64 days to be exact.)

great article. awesome advise for ppl.