What am I doing wrongly?

careerplus

Guest aakarsh1997

Reply to @writerlisaz: Ahh, the affiliate program. Yes, that is fine. I was referring to this:

ask for their feedback, good, and a 5-star rating

Bringing more people to fiverr is always recommended! Cheers :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @writerlisaz: I can see the sensible side of the idea. I have several friends who are retired on social security or get disability for real problems. They could still afford a gig, but that $5 will also cover a Sunday buffet at the cheap local diner. I could see giving them the cash or buying lunch so they could buy my gig and still have lunch with the ladies.

The problem with recommending the practice to newbies is just what you said. I have become such a cynic over time (sad) and Fiverr makes it worse. I see people being deceptive about so many things including their ability to do the task their gig provides. The OP in this thread has ignored the suggestions to fix some of the credibility issues and would rather beg others to buy gigs. I wish that I still trusted the average seller more so maybe you are lucky that you automatically think the best of people.

By the way, I could see your point and I knew you mentioned the source of the idea so that’s part of why I directed my comment to the whole thread. I can see why you mentioned it. I just wanted to add the down side to offer more food for thought. I really like your comments on the forums.

One thing that was not mentioned here, if this indeed is your gig:

https://www.fiverr.com/careerplus/write-or-proofread-your-resume?funnel=201503021842132823545480

It says this:

"Our Resume Writers have been selectively hand-picked from around the country. They are professional writers with extensive experience in preparing resumes, cover letters and selection criteria responses for both the public and private sectors.

My writing have a strong knowledge of the job market and will work with you to ensure the best possible outcome is achieved. "

So right there, you are not selling yourself to do it are you? But you are hiring other people to write the resumes? That really doesn't make any sense on Fiverr when buyers go to buy something directly from you and something you do. Also, the grammatical errors....it should be either "My writing HAS a strong knowledge" or "My writers HAVE a strong knowledge.." or " I have a strong knowledge..." depending on what you really mean, if it's you or your writing staff.

And are you trying to say in this gig, that you are going to work with someone gather all of their information, ask them about their goals and then write a resume from scratch for $5? And if you are hiring other people, how much could they possibly be getting paid to write resumes for less than $4?

Reply to @sincere18:

sincere18 said: And if you are hiring other people, how much could they possibly be getting paid to write resumes for less than $4?
I know of a huge online outsourcing agency that charges less than a dollar for resumes. The same place offers other services for fees in the 30 CENTS per HOUR USD range.

There is always someone willing to take gross advantage of people to line their own pockets.

Reply to @sincere18: I agree that may matter to some buyers, but for the most part - with the bigger selling gig types anyway - buyers don’t care as long as they get what they ordered. There are loads of logo/design gigs that are performed by “teams” or “groups”. Which in itself used to be against the Fiverr rules; the product or service had to be completed by the person who created the account. I have no idea if that’s changed.

Reply to @itsyourthing: It would be interesting to find out if that has changed in the Fiverr rules. But it was just a suggestion to the original person here that it is one aspect that could be effecting the gig. They aren’t a big time seller yet, so probably have different buyers looking at them,

Also, I think in some cases, one person designers soften refer to themselves as “we” and my “team” in their marketing strategies in general, even though they are one person 🙂

sincere18 said: Also, I think in some cases, one person designers soften refer to themselves as "we" and my "team" in their marketing strategies in general, even though they are one person
Two sides to every coin.. some think it's better to seem like more that one person is 'on the job', and some think it's better to give the impression of personal service. I'm curious to know how many of each side are telling the truth. :)

• 1 month later...

Reply to @careerplus:

@fonthaunt It’s true, this guy is using a fake country and as you can see from the posts in the forum, his English is terrible! He’s clearly not in the US.

I got him to look at my CV and the “Rewritten CV” was literally a copy/paste job from a site called job-interview-site.com He changed my name at the top and the job titles, but not the position descriptions. It was hilarious! The position descriptions were for other jobs. I put a few into Google and realised the entire CV was plagiarised.

@careerplus Your service is a total scam and I hope Fiverr realise this and take your account down. It’s insulting to users on here that are trying to provide other great services.

I should have realised something was up when your messages came through in incredibly awkward grammar! Not to mention the fake reviews on your profile.

Fiverr… People like this shouldn’t be allowed to have profiles.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived