Fiverr leaving reviews for buyers?

mary1979

I was in the hospital from Saturday May 23 until Friday May 29. I was unable to put my Fiverr profile on vacation or contact anyone and let them know. Fiverr automatically posted a negative review to my profile saying “Canceled order. Seller failed to deliver on time!” under their name.

My buyers are not happy and especially the ones that have worked with me in the past and know it is not like me to ignore a job or let it go undelivered.

They would have never written something like that for me and they don’t like Fiverr talking for them, even if it is a generic message. Things happen. We are not computers and we are people that have life problems come up sometimes like this. Feel like I am being penalized for being human. I would never have not answered messages or ignored a job. I was having a life emergency and Fiverr was leaving bad reviews on my profile and speaking for my buyers. Please change this. The buyers don’t like it either.

Did you contact Fiverr to let them know you were in the hospital?

If a buyer doesn’t get a job delivered by the delivery time, they usually go ahead and cancel the job.

I would think that as soon as you got back, you would write to each buyer and apologize to let them know you were in the hospital and that if they would like you to go the gig you will be glad to do it.

Then I would contact Fiverr to explain and ask them to have the reviews removed.

We understand that life emergencies come up, I am sorry to hear you went into the hospital. YOu are not being penalized for being a human, it’s simply the nature of using an automated system, sometimes you get caught in the web of it so to speak. Just contact Fiverr and let them know, hopefully they will just remove the feedback. It would help if you wrote to each buyer and explained very briefly, that way Fiverr knows you are legit.

Fiverr won’t remove the negative feedback of being in the hospital.

Fiverr indirectly caused me to be in the hospital, negative feedback still remains (automatic) with no hope of it being removed because it is not their responsibility to do so.

One or some of your buyers did cancel on you. Once an order becomes very late, the buyer has the option to cancel the order and once that is done, the review you stated is what shows up on your gig reviews. Since you claim your buyers are not happy about this, all you need do is find the buyer(s) who canceled on you while you were in the hospital, contact them and ask the buyer(s) to send a request to fiverr to remove the feedback. Once that is done, Fiverr will remove the feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

I already did that and I understand how that works. What I was talking about was the fact that FIVERR left the nasty review saying canceled order seller failed to deliver on time, and it looks like the buyers have done a review with their profile attached to it and they did not want to leave a bad review. Fiverr did it for them and they were not happy to have someone talking for them. @datwriterguy I already sent a ticket into Fiverr.

Thanks @sincere18 I did and hopefully they will take it off. That is just scary to think that I spent months working up to have a good profile, and because of an emergency and Fiverr talking for my buyers, that was something I had to work to get back again. It felt like an extra slap in the face at the time. It’s all good. Back on a roll and feeling great. Just had a moment of frustration with that automatic stuff. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @mary1979: You really need to have those very buyers contact Customer Support and clearly state that they want the negative remarks removed. I thought someone had already mentioned it in this thread, but CS will be glad to remove a negative (or a positive for that matter) if the buyer whose name is on it asks them. Although I understand your feelings about the reviews that were left, there really is a fairly simple solution.

Edited to add- I went back to check the thread and sure enough, you were given this advice many times over. Perhaps it’s a good time to do something direct about it by having your unhappy buyers fix the issue, or move onward. 🙂

Reply to @mary1979: That isn’t enough of a reason.

In fact, for me, when I was sick. I sent these messages (to this effect)

Can i have the feedback removed (I explained the situation)

Yes

According to customer support, that ‘yes’ was not proof enough. They had to say “yes, you can have it removed”…

Hence why I have so much left over. A lot of people gave permission, but not clear enough.

Reply to @fastcopywriter: I think that is a good point, actually. If you owned a regular online or offline business, you’d likely have something set up for emergencies. Seems like a really good idea to do for Fiverr. Especially if you’ve been through it at least once before - you already know the problems it can cause.

Leave someone trustworthy with your username and password plus a list of instructions with a ready-response on how to offer mutual cancellations and explain that it’s an emergency. Even though a few people would probably be a$$es and refuse, most would probably understand and accept and at least there would be fewer left to work though the review issue with.

Reply to @fastcopywriter: I think that is a good point, actually. If you owned a regular online or offline business, you’d likely have something set up for emergencies. Seems like a really good idea to do for Fiverr. Especially if you’ve been through it at least once before - you already know the problems it can cause.

Leave someone trustworthy with your username and password plus a list of instructions with a ready-response on how to offer mutual cancellations and explain that it’s an emergency. Even though a few people would probably be a$$es and refuse, most would probably understand and accept and at least there would be fewer left to work though the review issue with.

Archived