Sketchy buyer keeps ordering my gigs!

blindsoul

Hi, I’m having a little trouble. A few weeks ago one of my gigs was ordered, I delivered on time and marked the order as complete, everything seemed good. A few days later I get an email saying: That the order was cancelled by Fiverr Customer Support. I did a little research and I guess this means the buyer requested a charge-back, thus in a way scamming me. At first I figured they just weren’t satisfied with my work, but their account was banned. So I’m guessing they did something sketchy. Anyway, last week I received an order from a buyer with a different username, but they are requesting that I do work for the exact same website that the sketchy person from weeks earlier requested. I cancelled the order and explained why I wasn’t comfortable completing it. I expected them to reply or something with some sort of explanation in case they weren’t connected to that previous buyer, but nothing. The order was cancelled. Okay, so just this week I received another order, from someone with a different username but of course requesting I do work for the exact same website. I’m not sure whats going on. I’m more than likely going to cancel the order, but I’m afraid all these cancellations are going to look weird.

Things just seem a little fishy right now, and I’d rather be safe than sorry. Is there any way I can approach this other than cancelling orders, I hope that doesn’t affect my level in any way. I also hope Fiverr understands I’m not cancelling these gigs because I don’t want to do them, I’m cancelling them because I don’t want to be scammed again, and things seem a bit sketchy right now.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You.

I would certainly contact CS with this information.

I had a similar experience with a client who took great joy in flouting the idea that he/she could have multiple usernames/accounts and ‘stalk’ me causing some rather uncomfortable issues.

I’m not sure if Fiverr CS have managed to stop people doing this through IP recognition but I would certainly put the ball in their court. Cancel the orders as you are doing, but take note of the order numbers and ask CS to make sure there is no detriment to your account.

Cheers,

AK

Archived