Fiverr, why is this

I had a 100% ranking for a long while, then one buyer left me a few 4 star ratings. Granted, this brought me down to 99% and it stayed there for a while so I understood that. About a week ago, it finally got back up to 100% with more sellers rating me at 5 stars. I was ecstatic to have that back! Now, after delivering yet more orders, at nothing but 5 stars, it is mysteriously down to 99% again???!!

I am not understanding this and am a bit upset at this since I work very, very hard to try and get nothing but 5 stars, and once my ranking is back up to 100% (which is where every seller strives to be) it goes down, with no reason. What is going on? I read that you have changed how the ranking system works, with it being how they actually review, instead of the stars they give. Is that right? Well, I believe it should actually be based on the number of stars, since that tells me all I need to know, as well as potential buyers, and you too, on how they perceived my performance.

Not to sound rude, but it’s not fair to those of us who take this job more than seriously and work ourselves to death, to only be given a ranking due to what the buyer actually says about us. Keep in mind there are some that only rate, and don’t leave any feedback. There are a lot of sellers out there that are not too happy about this, and who can blame them. It would be nice to know that when we receive 5 stars, that our ranking will stay the same. It’s just not right for us to work hard and not be rewarded. It almost seems like we’re being punished in a way. That even though we receive a perfect score for our work, that really doesn’t matter any more.

It’s just not right…so can you please put it back the way it was? That would really help us all out!

Reply to @lunabea: Yes, writers don’t pay for book reviews to get honest book reviews. When I wrote book reviews, my challenge was to make the writer look without sounding like I got paid to do this. Some writers even asked me to give them 4 staff. Furthermore, you rarely read the entire book, sometimes you just read reviews from other people and use that to craft your review, or you skim through the book, or you make things up. “The characters were very interesting, specially Jack and Roberta. I liked the overall plot, specially the quest to reach the mountain and everything else that happens.” Of course, the most specific you can get, the better it sounds.

Just remember, you’re not getting paid to write a negative review, writers get plenty of those from readers that pay them to read their books. It would be horrible for a writer to pay you to trash a book.

Reply to @fastcopywriter: Thanks, that’s what I figured. I’ll probably focus on the parts that are good (even in a bad book there must be something that’s good!) for the reviews - like you say, the more specific, the better.

I haven’t looked into others that provide book reviews but I think it’s a good idea to list specific genre’s to review - for example I would struggle to provide a good review for anything like Twilight or 50 Shades!

Reply to @lunabea: What I recommend is that you don’t use your real name on Amazon. Having a pseudonym makes it easier for you to write fake reviews. In a way, I see it like advertising, you’re accentuating the positive and ignoring the negative. Is it shady for writers to pay for reviews? Not really. When Stephen King writes a book, I’m sure there are interns and other people from the book publisher that are writing reviews even if they haven’t read the books. Writers pay for reviews because books without reviews don’t usually sell. In the end, the market will decide if the book is good for bad. If Joe pays for 5 reviews which leads to 10 sales later on, he’ll get bad reviews if he wrote a horrible book.

@lunabea I agree with everything @fastcopywriter said. My motto is even if the book is horrible, to try and find something good about it. Even if it’s one character that you can connect with, then write about that. I don’t believe in bashing a book. The author has put so much time and effort in to his/her work that it’s just rude to say nothing but negative about it.

@lunabea I agree with everything @fastcopywriter said. My motto is even if the book is horrible, to try and find something good about it. Even if it’s one character that you can connect with, then write about that. I don’t believe in bashing a book. The author has put so much time and effort in to his/her work that it’s just rude to say nothing but negative about it.

Archived