Attn new sellers, do not SPAM your gigs to other sellers' inboxes!

dtongsports

I have noticed more SPAM messages than ever from new FIVERR SELLERS!! I can’t tell you how many spam messages I get in my inbox from other sellers who don’t practice ethical marketing techniques…

Golden Rule applies big time in this issue. You’re going to spam me your gigs in the fiverr messaging platform when I don’t need or request your services, then you should get that annoyance 10-fold! #Karma

The inbox is for potential BUYERS, not for your weak marketing skills. Just being honest.

DTong (TRS)

dtongsports said: I have noticed more SPAM messages than ever from new FIVERR SELLERS!! I can't tell you how many spam messages I get in my inbox from other sellers who don't practice ethical marketing techniques...
If you have any luck with this could you get in touch with the direct mail marketers that keep gumming up my physical post box too? :)

• 1 year later...

Yes, I’m sick of this in regard to being inundated with requests for people asking me to consider them for voice over work. This is Fiverr, I know what to do when I want a service, namely search for what I need and order from someone who strikes me as the most competent seller.

GGGrrrr…

Ugh can you please consider me for voice over work?

rrrGGG …

Just kidding 🙂

To all the new sellers out there. It certainly does not help spamming writing messages to other sellers asking them to buy your gigs. Please know, most of the spam messages are being reported which can lead to account restrictions. Don’t do it!!!

• 1 month later...

VO guys and gals, are spamming because they paid for a seminar.

The guy running the seminar gave them a template message and told them a great way to reel in those first sales, is to pester any video guys that are level 2 and up.

Hi Frank, your statement is actually incorrect. I attended the VO seminar you are referring to and the instructions are actually just the opposite to NOT contact anyone above Level 1 with Joint Venture partnership offers.

So anyone doing this clearly is not following the directions of the teacher or can’t follow simple instructions.

As someone coming at this from the other side:

I get them from newer Explainer/Whiteboard Creators, and it doesn’t bother me. And I’m not talking about orders, but inquiries about partnerships. It doesn’t take that much time out of my day and I’m happy to help provide voice overs for other Fiverr users if I can. And I’ve made some decent partnerships out of the deal. ::shrugs::

• 6 months later...

Not just new, I have received SPAM from 2nd level sellers. Some of them have over 1k+ reviews.
Most of them are our all time favorites, VO artists. They have created a template. They just change the target username and BOOM. Spam Attack.
I have to reply them as REPORT button doesn’t work and not replying hurts response rate.

• 5 months later...

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Dear lord they are hitting hard this time!

I am thinking of opening a thread and posting the messages I get after I tell them to stop spamming.

Would anyone be interested in that? (All names and gigs will be withheld of course)

I report all of them and if they insist I also write to customer support and after a couple of days, their profiles are gone. I HATE SPAMMERS. Imagine a shoe shop doing the same, you pass in front of the shop’s door and someone follows you yelling “Hey, sir, pls buy that amazing pair of shoes, pls I’m new to the market”. That’s the same thing, the only difference is that those “sellers” (or spammers) are not phisically there, in front of you.

I just experienced the spam message from a seller offering her social media marketing gig yesterday. Most interesting thing was, she directly sent me a custom offer without saying “Hi” or something else although I didn’t ask a custom offer from her.

The worst thing is when you know its’ spam and you don’t reply, your response rate goes down… I learnt the hard way so I reply with just a question mark.

And if you´re especially unlucky, it will go down even when you unspam one that already came in as spam, reply and re-spam it, cause you have been unlucky before with not doing that. -_-

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I’m a voice-over artist - and definitely NOT a new seller - and was specifically told by my Success Manager at Fiverr to contact animation sellers in an effort to create a collaboration. I hadn’t realised that some would react so badly by being contacted by a fellow professional.

I understand when it’s someone who can’t do the job, or has no credentials - but over-reacting when someone reaches out seems a little self-defeating.

Anyway - I hope to work with you in the future, if you’d like to.

Mark Ryes Broadcasting

Archived