(OLD) AWESOME: Buyers' Reviews available for sellers to see

happyspace

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would have been a great feature. At-least it would have saved the sellers from the buyers who are always looking to free-load off the sellers but exploiting their rating privileges, and leaving the sellers no option but to ask for mutual cancellation.

It happened to me too last year to be able to view those ratings.
CONS: some seller can use it to stalk on buyers and this can make born some envy between few…

PRO: you can see if a buyer was a bad one with someone else…

i wish to have a midway of this feature, just a rating system, dont ask for much!

you guys?

Speaking from my experience on other sales-platform websites where sellers get to rate their buyers, in practice this results in a “class” (or caste?) system of buyers. Sellers start putting notices on their profiles that they’ll only do business with top-rated buyers, and won’t give the time of day to down-rated buyers or with new buyers who don’t have a rating. I can appreciate that this is a system that’s worked well for Amazon, but in a free-lance setting I’ve seen this result in really rude sellers and a whole lot of butt-hurt buyers. Still, it’s good to know that sellers have some kind of defense against nightmare buyers, but I’ve seen this play out on other websites before and it can lead to challenging scenarios. Of course, it can also lead to scenario where the sellers aren’t as picky can pick up a much larger volume of business since the “elite” sellers are turning away so many buyers. shrugs Will be interesting to see how, and to what degree, Fiverr implements this feature.

Thank you happyspace for posting. This is a fantastic feature. I have been wanting a buyer review option since I started selling here a few years ago. Thank you Fiverr!

This is not new and does not work, sorry. Buyer reviews only showed for a few days in 2015. Fiverr removed the feature for unknown reasons. Please feel free to write to the Support Team and ask for buyer reviews to be shown. It does help to keep asking! You can also post about it in the Suggestion Box forum.

Right now it’s because a brand new user is running around spamming her gigs on threads of all sorts. She’ll be shut down if she keeps it up. I’m close the more useless threads like this one.

For anyone who stumbles on to this thread, buyer reviews only showed for a few days in 2015. Fiverr removed the feature for unknown reasons. Please feel free to write to the Support Team and ask for buyer reviews to be shown. It does help to keep asking! You can also post about it in the Suggestion Box forum.

Buyer reviews only showed for a few days in 2015. Fiverr removed the feature for unknown reasons. Please feel free to write to the Support Team and ask for buyer reviews to be shown. It does help to keep asking! You can also
post about it in the Suggestion Box forum. Right now it does not work for anyone, unfortunately.

I am not sure just seeing the reviews would do that. A rating system might. To me, we all get reviews already, birth buyers and sellers. It makes no sense to display those one-sided which is terrible for sellers. I haven’t seen any sign that Fiverr intends to re-implement this feature so far. It was less than a week and long ago.

In this thread I think they are missing the date and some are misunderstanding the topic. For a lot of those good Tips for Sellers threads, though, I think lots of new sellers don’t read them. They just write good or thanks hoping to be noticed. Mostly useless.

Ok, so now again top and bottom -
This is not a new feature and doesn’t work. Buyer reviews only showed for a few days in 2015. Fiverr removed the feature for unknown reasons. Please feel free to write to the Support Team and ask for buyer reviews to be shown. It does help to keep asking! You can also post about it in the Suggestion Box forum. Right now it does not work for anyone.

Archived