A good profile picture is important

natalieab

You should know that our Editors check profile pictures when they consider promoting a Gig and selecting Top Rated Sellers. That’s right, it’s not something that you should over look!

So what makes a great profile pic?

A photo of you

Your profile page is how you introduce yourself to the community. We’ve seen that buyers tend to trust people with pictures of themselves more than they do sellers with no photo. It helps you establish trust with buyers and other community members.

A high quality photo

Avoid posting photos that are blurry, pixelated or distorted in any way.

(Some specs are: maximum size: 1Mb and format: jpeg, png, gif)

• 1 month later...

I always liked your profile picture Moo, it shows you while also being creative but also sophisticated, therefore almost a reflection of the type of gigs you offer.

Definitely agree with photos helping out a lot, I try to integrate a picture whenever possible. People are much more likely to remember a face over a name. Many professionals concerned with reputation and publicity use a picture of themselves, such as political candidates, real estate agents, etc. This isn’t by chance!

• 2 weeks later...

Very good tip, however I’ve always used a picture I personally took for my profile pic just because its unusual and colorful. I don’t think it has detracted from sales because I have gotten well over 1000 and the flow is still steady.

I do agree that almost anything is better than the default Sheep though. LOL!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mine is of my Wife. I picked it because I’m just to ugly and don’t want to scare all of you off… and I like the monkey on her back, it’s symbolic of me finally getting the monkey off mine and trying to make a fist of this Fiverr thing. We took the photo in Gibraltar Oct 2012, a European holiday we’d been planning on taking ourselves and our three daughters on for the last 10 years! Here I am at Fiverr now, trying to pay for the vacation! 🙂

• 7 months later...

It’s always a nice touch when a buyer/client has a profile picture of themselves, So I don’t feel like am dealing with a spammer/scammer. Trust is a two way street, I believe in developing business relationships or friendships if you will as a community here on Fiverr with our clients. So anything you can do to authenticate yourself just paves the way for a better experience.

Toon, you’ve created a persona. A toon engages one’s wonder and experience of childhood which for at least a good number of folk was …well… good. (and for another good number of folk has been romanticized into being good).

I run a persona as well.

To have my picture would either betray what I do (business gigs – if I’m all deck out like an anarchist) or betray my insurrectionist persona (if I’m all deck out for business).

• 1 year later...

Are you wondering why your not generating any sales? Or why you are making slow sales?

TIPS:
Profile photo
When viewers see that you have made the effort in creating a nice photo to show off who you are, they become more interested in viewing more of your gigs, which may lead into a successful sale.

Gig gallery Image
IT IS A MUST. If you do not have a high quality, normal gig image people would not click on yours when people are searching for the service you are offering. If there are 2 different results, the viewer will click on the nicer gig rather than the less attractive gig.

Profile text
Is your profile text intimating? Does it say what should be said in the number of letters allowed to be there?
Think Twice – after I personally reviewed a number of accounts I saw the reason why they were not gaining popularity, it was due to the fact that the grammar was incorrect and words misspelled.

Gig text
I’ve seen it too often. Gig text that is literally spelled wrong. An example:

1. “not only above services we can almost do anything so contact us and tell us what you want”
  2. “people love my works”

Etc.

Happy Giggling! 

Regarding the “people love my works”, this may be considered incorrect spelling/grammar to the US and Canadian people, but many people in India and neighboring countries do use the word “works”. It just means plural.

I know this because I worked with a gentleman from India and he would frequently use “works” instead of “work”. He was intelligent, hard working and I asked him about it. He said that it was something that many use in his country. So, please don’t automatically assume that someone is inept in spelling/grammar. Also, not everyone’s first language is English, yet their services/talent can be awesome. 🙂 

• 1 month later...

Reply to @cyberstudio: You don’t need to be beautiful or handsome to look trustworthy. I see people with some picture of a 25 year old hot girl but their profile claims 10 years of work experience. Silly. You can do miracles on a real photo of you with the right angle, lighting, etc. A photographer can help. I’m guessing Fiverr staff would also favor a professional and unique logo over a picture of a celebrity. There are pictures of models all over Fiverr, but I haven’t seen one on a TRS profile so far.

• 2 months later...

Hi! I feel that we should also have a picture that reflects the nature of our gigs, will definitely help in building confidence and standing out from the rest of the sellers!

My profile picture is of me, but in the form of a Lego minifigurine (hahaha). I figured that since my gig involves helping people take profile pictures in Lego-form, it should start the ball rolling, and can act as part of my portfolio too! What do you guys think?

• 8 months later...

Archived