Is 5r the bane of the Professional Voice Over Community?

dwainestroud

I gotta tell you, as a new and aspiring Voice Actor I am finding that much of the Professional V.O. community are NOT big fans of Fiverr.

Here is an example, (paraphrased) "If you’re doing voice over gigs on Fiverr, you’re basically telling everyone that you don’t believe in yourself and you have no confidence in your skills."

I hear it called a bottom dweller place etc.

Any professional Voice Over Artist here?

As I am getting deeper into the Voice Over World, I am finding that $5 for 100 words is basically giving your work away… Seriously, IF (and that’s a BIG ‘if’) I can get the job, many pay $250+ for the same amount of work.

Anyway, just curious what discussion might be spawned here in the Fiverr community.

A lot of voice over arts here on Fiverr charge $5 for 50-75 words, a few charge less but the really good cones charge on that range, it’s useful for a gig or a small Youtube video but a complex text will cost a lot more and considering there is no middle man that seems fair to me personally, but I reckon it would take someone from the business to give us a more insightful comment on it

Archived