I need all the help I can get :'(

productivesam

Since my sales were 0 from last November I decided to finally contact the Customer Support team. According to them, the “editorial team” has removed my gigs from search making it impossible for buyers to find me. The reason is that my gigs were not meeting the editorial guidelines although they have been around for a year and no one even pointed that out to me when I’m publishing the gig and making sales.

What they’re basically asking me is to remove all my gigs and publish new ones. But apart from the ones I have published I do not have any special skills in other areas. What am I suppose to do?

Okay lets say I publish new gigs, without the reviews which I have already received, how am I suppose to get new sales from ground zero. I’m just so heart broken. I used to be so happy working on fiverr but in the past couple of months fiverr has treated me and a few other sellers I know in the worst manner.

I don’t even know what to do.

Worst Christmas Ever! Thank you for you spreading the joy fiverr 😦

productivesam said: If the gigs are not according to their editorial focus and guidelines, then they should not let gigs to be published without editor approval.

Technically what they did is remove the gigs from search instead of forcing you to not publish them at all, which means you still have options to promote them yourself via Social Media, SEO, blog/forum posts, etc.

productivesam said: But apart from the ones I have published I do not have any special skills in other areas. What am I suppose to do?

Okay lets say I publish new gigs, without the reviews which I have already received, how am I suppose to get new sales from ground zero.

As far as not having special skills in other areas, you could learn some. There are tons of free e-books and websites that will teach you new skills that are very marketable on Fiverr. I had some gigs that were in search and not doing terrible but I found them difficult to do fast enough to make a profit. I started reading up on new skills and practicing. There are also things you can do on Fiverr that only require imagination. You'll find a lot of those in the fun/gift/bizarre categories.

How do you get sales from ground zero? The same way you did the first time. I do sympathize with your situation, it's not that I don't, but I think you could fix this. However you got your first sales can work again, self promotion does help, answering buyer requests can be an aid, and so on. Good luck and happy holidays!

Reply to @fonthaunt:

fonthaunt said: Technically what they did is remove the gigs from search instead of forcing you to not publish them at all, which means you still have options to promote them yourself via Social Media, SEO, blog/forum posts, etc.

In that case I do not need Fiverr at all. I can just make a web page and promote my services there without any trouble. Why are people choosing Fiverr? To promote their services and for buyers to find our services via search.
fonthaunt said: How do you get sales from ground zero? The same way you did the first time.

I've worked so hard for that and being a full-time college student I cannot do that anymore since I'm just about to start my 3rd year in college and need funds to support my tuition fees. Promoting Fiverr in the 1st year cost me with some loss in academic work time. This really sucks. I have around 250 happy customer reviews in my primary gig and I don't think I will be able to get that much good ratings again. Especially when so many people have copied my gigs. Altogether I have completed more than $3,000 worth of services via these gigs.

What I am saying is, a simple editorial approving before posting new gigs would eliminate this problem. Instead what they do is let anyone post anything and then give them penalties for posting them. Whatever man! Fiverr ruined my life and now my college fees are at stake.

Archived