Buying 101 - What to do before placing your order?

thepromogirl

Read the Gig description and watch the Gig video before placing your order! Before spending money on something, it’s important to know exactly what it is that you’re buying. This information has been put there by the seller to let you know what is advertised and what you are potentially purchasing.

What happens when you don’t read these details? From time to time, I get an order in and the buyer begins asking for things that I don’t provide. Despite the fact that it is clearly stated in my Gig description that I don’t offer it, buyers still assume that I will. This usually results in a cancellation, but it could have easily been prevented if a buyer simply took 1-3 minutes to read and understand what they were buying.

Why is this so important? Not only this a huge waste of time for you as a buyer, but this is waste of time for the Seller as well. Sellers have included the information regarding the Gig they offer on their description. Imagine if you supplied information and they forgot to read it. Frustrating, right? This problem comes up frequently in the forum, yet is stated right in Fiverr’s Term of Service: “Fiver does not refund payments made for canceled orders back to your payment provider automatically. Funds from order cancellations are refunded to the buyer’s balance as credit and are available for future purchases on Fiverr.” This means once it’s on Fiverr, it isn’t coming out!

What do I do when something isn’t advertised? It’s okay to contact the Seller and ask questions directly! I believe I can speak for almost every Seller on here that we want you to contact us if you have a questions before you place an order!

Save your self time, money and energy by knowing what you’re buying beforehand. If you don’t know, ask! 🙂

Archived