When it comes to promoting ( do you really think it works )

ilovecustomers

Of course it works. And when you write about thousands of other gigs that are the same as yours… that’s the reason it works. Because you are driving your own traffic to your gig.

Use Facebook, Twitter, Family, Friends, E-Mail contacts. Send them all over to your gig. That’s the “Only” real way to get started.

If you can’t get your family and friends and contacts to buy your gig than how do you expect to get started?

Getting on the “Fiverr” search is hard enough. But it’s much harder if you don’t sell a few gigs to get your rating started. And without your own contacts to start you off it’s way harder.

You can’t expect someone else (Fiverr) to promote your gig if you can’t even do it yourself. Just like any business. If you won’t put in the work nobody will do it for you.

@inspiredtony - Actually… Promotion on the Fiverr forum is the worst because it doesn’t really work.

Most of Fiverrs traffic never goes on the forum. Only like 0.0001 percent actually use the forums. And the people that do use the forums are mainly sellers, not buyers.

Obviously there are some but not many.

To put it in perspective…

If Fiverr has 1 million visits every month. Only about 100 ever go to the forums.

So… realistically… the forums are not really a good place to get buyers.

All depends on how you promote and what sort of a relationship you have built with your followers around the web.

If you for example just setup an fb page to promote your gigs I doubt you will generate a lot of sales. The better way is the hard way, set up an fb page or group around a subject that is related to the genre of your gigs. Then share some cool information and start discussions, get to know the people who follow you.

Now when you mention your gigs to your followers you will have a much bigger chance of generating sales.

Building good traffic sources can take several years but once you have a handful of them you will benefit from them for the rest of your career.

The oldest source i created dates back to 1998 and i still benefit from it.

Guest biggz27

@ilovecustomers try fb groups i never tried it myself but one of clients told me they posted my gig on their fb groups because they were happy with my work. I didn’t pay my attention to it till sales started to roll in. Which i knew it was from the groups because the clients mentioned it.

i never used fb or tweeter or social engine to promote , for me all auto i never did nothing , explain that

you advertise on (social network ) >>>>traffic >>>>to your page >>> they se your gig >>>> then the buyer thinks wait a minute let me go do some browsing , what happens next he forgets about you because there are millions of other stuff diverting his attention be realistic

ilovecustomers said: then the buyer thinks wait a minute let me go do some browsing , what happens next he forgets about you because there are millions of other stuff diverting his attention be realistic
It's your responsibility to have quality gigs, strong gig descriptions, good images/videos and a pricing structure that convinces the buyer to place an order.

If you get traffic to your gig and still can't get orders, it's up to you to fix it.

Reply to @bigbadbilly: honestly i really don’t know what i’m doing right, i once stumbled on a post by someone on this forum that fiverr on its own already has more that enough traffic- don’t know how this works though. But what i do is to post my gig on the my fiverr gigs section and visit the buyer request area at least twice a day to select a few jobs i might be able to do and thus far it has really helped me.

Initially i posted on facebook, twitter etc but it really didn’t get me anything .

Though I am very new here, I do feel I can contribute.

I’ve been here less than a month (roughly 15 days or so…), but, I/we are pushing 11 sales now.

…we were fortunate to have spent the last 5 years writing tons and tons of very high quality articles online, spread across a variety of niches.

With time, and a whole lot of trial and error, I taught myself SEO//latent semantic indexing and analysis, and, I was able to rank some of those articles very high in Google…to the point where they suck in a substantial amount of traffic each day. We link to our Fiverr gigs, primarily from article signature blocks attached to the articles we write and post on different web 2.0 sites.

…where Fiverr comes in here is that those articles have been a big source of traffic/promotion for us.

Do it right, and I do believe that article marketing can be extremely powerful in promotion, attracting traffic, and securing huge competitive advantage in a very competitive space.

Just some thoughts from a newbie here.

I made my writing gig about a week ago and had 25 orders so far, never did any promotion. I guess people bought because I offered 800 words for $5 at first, and that wasn’t crap content, I invested at least 3 or more hours in each of those first 800 word gigs.

I’m doing 500/$5 now and am thinking about going for 400/$5 since I’m finding myself losing too much time for four bucks.

Archived