Fiverr became unfair to level 1/2 sellers

cheerdealer

Reply to @theslackjaw: I agree. This is a good thread to brainstorm in a group. If some great suggestions seem to rise to the top, they can be posted in the suggestion box forum which does occasionally get observed by Fiverr staff, and they could also be sent to CS by one or more participants by choice. It may not help, but it doesn’t hurt. Complaining alone helps us all vent but doesn’t do anything about the problem itself. Why not vent while offering ideas to fix the problem at the same time?

Reply to @traffic_grafix: Fiverr may or may not do something to address these concerns. There is an old saying that says “the squeaky wheel gets the grease” and if there is no squeaking, it is more likely staff will work on items like mobile apps, processing fees, live chat, and other things that may or may not directly help sellers (which in turn helps buyers.) Do you have some ideas that Fiverr could use to address the issue?

Some ideas to maybe improve things if at all:

• when it comes to searching for gigs, divide the results between those with a rating and those without AND/OR
  • divide results between those with orders in queue and those without orders in queue – should help buyers that are looking for something quick without waiting and help sellers looking for orders to get some going

• do away with complex ratings; keep rating system simple by having only 3 options available for rating – good, neutral or bad [for example]
  • give seller control over the amount of orders they can accept within a specific time frame; like setting the amount of orders they are capable of doing within a single day PLUS
  • permit the adding of days as needed when re-works are requested

• have an option for collabs; in case there is a buyer looking to have a big project completed, they check with a seller they have in mind and the seller will have the option to reach out to fellow fiverr workers to help out

• modify Buyer Request so that: sellers can write custom message about qualifications and buyers can thoroughly explain what they’re looking for PLUS
  • have it so that a Buyer Request gig gets removed from public view after 50 submissions; should help make going through the emails a little easier for the buyer looking to have work done.

• have some special promotion, even if its once a week or bi-weekly, where gigs can be sold and purchased without a fee attached
  • have a special promotion for Buyer/Seller appreciation where if a certain milestone is reached they’ll receive a gift of a virtual gift card that can be used any where online or a physical gift card

Reply to @unitedcomputers: I am new as well, and from my sales so far, I am in the positive ratings. I am a little worried about how long it will take me to get anything steady, no matter how minimal, though.

Right now, all I know to do is practice patience and read up as much as I can from more experienced sellers on these forums and slowly make self-improvements. 🙂

Good luck to you!

Honestly, I have not seen any lost in buyers nor do I usually have the same buyers buying more gigs (Sometimes I do but, repeat is not my main source.) The only hit I have gotten is the processing fee so I get less tips now, other than that I am content. If you feel fiverr is not working for you than leave and start your own site and such.

I am a little concerned with a lot of the posts I’m reading here. I have used Fiverr a few times, but only as a buyer. The professional people on here are very, very talented - when I first discovered Fiverr I couldn’t believe the work that can be booked at such low, low cost. You guys must be sooooo dedicated - good on you. This brings me to the point of Fiverr management. As a company I would be extremely concerned if my “employees” consistently aired concerns such as these, that I’m reading here, to me as the manager. You guys are most definitely owed at least some correspondence and communication with Fiverr. As I said, I’m not that well versed with the workings of Fiverr but doesn’t management allow it’s “employees” some channel of communication (and not lip service through some ‘file a ticket’ system) ? If they don’t I would be quite concerned about Fiverrs motivations and loyalty. I hope you guys can find some satisfaction from Fiverr and it should all start from communication - both ways. If Fiverr won’t / doesn’t talk to you they need their money supply restricted as they have been doing with you. Boycotts and ‘strike’ type actions - as a collective. Good luck and keep up the great work - on or off Fiverr.

On my first profile I made $599 in the first 6 months, but that profile got banned by fiverr cuz I was sharing my email with my clients.

This is my 2nd profile, last year I made $620 and keep in mind I am not a unique gig seller. This year I made only $32.

What really impacted my sales ?

The main reason would be the inability to reach out to buyers through buyer requests page which is a total disaster of an idea.

Even in the previous version you could not message a buyer directly.

Frankly speaking this is detrimental to the site, yes the site looks more professional now, functions marginally better than the last one, and Yes a few unique and top rated sellers are making constant sales BUT overall as a seller my experience on fiverr hasnt been that good after the update.

The main reason most of us professionals were able to use fiverr and offer our services at such low prices were primarily because the orders were high, back then fiverr was promoting a seller’s story on how he made money from fiverr & got himself a new home, I wonder what he has to say about fiverr these days.

The most important question is, ARE Shai and his buddies or any of the owners of the site paying any attention to these grievances ?

I’m relatively new to Fiverr, yet I’m still on track for level two within my first two month having already exceeded the requirements. Although it may only be my experience, I’m not offering a unique gig and although I don’t have massive sales I still have regular sales weekly even through the Christmas period.

Fiverr change their algorithms and website features as they aim to go further forward and continually strive to improve their website, but that may mean sometimes having to take a risk on something that may not work so well but surely enough future changes will improve our experiences.

Maybe for some of you it would benefit you if you considered going over all of your gigs, and maybe rewriting your descriptions or getting new videos or images to display your gigs.

The way I see it is if they ignored you last time and haven’t made a purchase then you will not attract them if you do not change. Even adjusting your tags slightly to alter your search results may improve your sales once again.

Hi Cheerdealer, I sympathize with you and agree the old system was a lot better for me, too (Level II Seller). It’s easy for the few Top Rated sellers to say it’s no big deal, but when no money means you can’t pay a bill or you don’t eat, it means unfair for level II sellers.

Please use old system for us.

Reply to @dannes: Your comment is like a breath of fresh air.

Sadly, we have little recourse in this regard. There are so many of us now, even if we could round up 50% of the sellers here on Fiverr to boycott the site (and I have to mention this would be beyond impossible) there still would be enough sellers in all categories to just soak up the buyers. Fiverr would take a hit, but not enough to merit any major changes. And the hit wouldn’t last very long. The “turnover” on Fiverr is quite high. But a small fraction of each new group of sellers sticks around. Which eventually would grow the seller base back up again. This would happen very quickly.

There isn’t much incentive for Fiverr to change things because Fiverr can afford to leave everything as is. That being said I don’t think Fiverr is all bad here. They have been making a lot of changes in the past year and I hope those changes continue. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are working on making these systems better for everyone. It’s probably a good time to mention I’m a “glass is half full” kinda guy…

Here’s to hoping…

Archived